You are here
Colorado's Interagency Sequence of Services Framework
The Sequence of Services Framework and the 6 Core student outcomes are designed to assist local interagency transition teams in identifying what programming and services are available to students as well as the roles and responsibilities of schools, community partners, students, and families.
To start this work, there are key components to establish in communities to support efforts in collaboratively supporting students.
Key Components In Operationalizing the Framework
- Building your Interagency Transition Team
- Shared Understanding of Transition Services
- Collaboration with Families is Essential
- Competitive Integrated Employment is an Essential Goal
- Shared Communication Practices Support the Tracking of Student Growth
- Utilizing the Student Driven Process to Support the Student’s Vision
While developing a shared understanding of transition services in communities, local interagency transition teams can utilize a community workbook to map out their services, resources and identify different roles and responsibilities among partners.
To perform an assessment in your own community related to these key components you can utilize the Sequencing of Services (SOS) Implementation Checklist. This tool can act both as a pre-post assessment for your community engagement and as a guide for promising practices related to transition.