Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statute 22-2-112(q), the Colorado Department of Education is directed to collaborate with the department of higher education to prepare an annual report on the effectiveness of educator preparation programs, which include higher education institutions and alternative educator preparation programs. The Colorado Department of Education shall work cooperatively with each alternative educator preparation programs to collect candidate data that are required to fulfill CRS 22-2-112(q).
This website contains resources concerning the data collection.
Notes: Before proceeding with the data upload, please carefully review the file layout requirements. Also, download and have handy the designated agency and endorsement code book.
CDE is requesting Designated Agencies to submit data on:
- 2018-19 candidates between October 3, 2018, and August 31, 2019
File Layout and Definitions
The file layout and definitions are the same for 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19 collections.
- Designated Agency Data Collection File Layout (PDF) (updated 9/26/2018)
- Designated Agency and Endorsement Codes (XLSX) (updated 12/28/2018)
- A valid SSN will be required for each candidate in the data submitted
- Pipeline only accepts file extensions of: csv txt xls xlsx
- You need a header row (in first row)
- Pipeline only accepts field delimiters of: , | ~
- Include leading zeros (0) for required fields (for instance 01 or 02 for gender)
The business rules for the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 collections are the same.
Use the following template to facilitate data upload.
- Designated Agency Data Upload Template (XLSX) (updated 9/26/2018)
- DADC Data Submission Instructions (PDF) (updated 9/26/2018)
- Please Contact Educator Development to get set up with a login credential.
Contact: Educator Development (Educator_Development@cde.state.co.us) for any questions concerning the data collection or issues with data upload.