You are here
READ Data Collection
The purpose of the READ data collection is to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for the annual legislative report and to determine per-pupil funding for districts by taking the count of students at the end of year who have a significant reading deficiency. Districts/Local Education Providers (LEPs) submit records of spring assessment data for all K-3rd grade students enrolled at the time of data submission and 4-12th grade students who are included in the READ Cohort.
2020-21 District/LEP K-3 Literacy Program & Assessment Reporting
In 2019, the State Board of Education and the Colorado legislature worked together on several updates to the READ Act through Senate Bill 19-199 (SB 19-199). The updates emphasize the importance of using evidence-based instructional practices to achieve the original goal of the READ Act – teaching all students to read by third grade. The updates include requirements for districts to report K-3 literacy program information as part of their Unified Improvement Plans (UIPs).
- READ Data Collection opens: Thursday, April 1, 2021
- 2020-21 READ Data Collection Timeline (PDF)
File Layouts and Definitions
- 2020-21 READ File Layout and Definitions
- 2020-2021 READ Literacy Program Reporting File Layout and Definitions
2020-2021 Business Rules Coming Soon
2020-2021 READ Collection Trainings
- 2020-2021 General READ Collection Webinar:
- Date/Time: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Intended Audience: District/LEP data respondents new to the READ collection
- Webinar Content: data privacy & security, purpose of the READ collection, 2020-2021 timeline, file layout and definitions, detailed steps on completing the data file submission, coding scenarios, common problems, and a Q/A session.
- Click here to join
- 2020-2021 New K-3 Literacy Program Reporting Webinar:
- Date/Time: Thursday, February 25th, 2021 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Intended Audience: District/LEP staff responsible for collecting and reporting K-3 Literacy Program Data (ex: READ Act data respondents, District READ Act leads, District UIP leads)
- Webinar Content: data privacy & security, purpose of new components of the READ collection (including new K-3 literacy program reporting), file layout and definitions, detailed steps on completing the file upload, a Q/A session.
- Click here to join
Please contact Whitney Hutton or call at 303-866-6421 for questions about the READ Collection or to be added to the list serve.