You are here
Educational Audiology Services
Educational Audiologists are hired or contracted by school districts throughout Colorado. They provide comprehensive support and management to children with listening and/or hearing difficulties, birth through high school graduation. Responsibilities include management of early childhood and school hearing screening programs, assessment and management of auditory disorders, determination and management of hearing instrumentation devices, provision of auditory habilitation activities, management of hearing conservation programs, and counseling and training for school staff and parents. Educational audiologists are the professionals uniquely qualified to ensure that all students have adequate access to auditory information in the learning environment.
Guidelines and Support Documents
The Colorado Rules for the Administration of the Exceptional Children’s Educational Act (ECEA) defines the criteria for identifying a student with a hearing disability. Educational audiologists are a vital part of the team to make this determination. In addition, educational audiologists are key members of a multidisciplinary team to assess and manage auditory processing deficits.
- Audiology Services - Standards of Practice for Education (PDF)
- Auditory Process Deficits: A Team Approach to Screening, Assessment & Intervention Practices (PDF)
- Guidelines for Childhood and Youth Hearing Screening Programs (2017) (PDF)
- IEP Form: Hearing Disability (Word)
- EAA Professional Practices (PDF)
- 2010 Guidelines - Cls + FMs (PDF)
- HCP Regional Audiology Directory, Birth to Three (PDF)
- Listserv for Educational Audiologists
- To join this listserv, Email Shauna Moden or call Shauna at 303-866-6707
For more information about services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, please contact:
Shauna Moden, Principal Consultant - Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Phone: (303) 866-6707
Email Shauna Moden
Lisa Cannon, Educational Audiologist, DPS
Audiology Coordinator, CDE
Email Lisa Cannon
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.