You are here
Educational Interpreter Services
Authorization of Interpreters and Training Programs
Four Year Training Programs
The University of Northern Colorado Center's American Sign Language-English Interpretation program is an online (with summer onsite requirements), 11-semester, baccalaureate degree program that prepares majors to provide competent interpreting services in ASL.
Two Year Training Programs
Two year training programs offer an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Interpreter Preparation preparing students for entry-level employment as sign language interpreters.
Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA)
- General Information about the 2-Part Assessment
- To Register for Online Written Test
- To register for EIPA performance test, contact the Local Test Administrator
- Cued Speech
For information: Email Shauna Moden
Listserv for Educational Interpreters
To join this listserv, Email Shauna Moden or call 303-866-6707.
- Educational Interpreter Handbook (PDF) - Revision Coming Soon
- Continuing Education Tracking Form (PDF)
- District Evaluation Form Sample (PDF)
- Interpreter Self-Assessment Form Sample (PDF)
- Professional Conduct Guidelines (PDF)
- Colorado Legal Interpreting Guidelines (PDF)
- Certificate of Participation Sample (PDF)
For information about the Colorado Educational Interpreter Standards, continuing education, or other information specifically regarding educational interpreting, please contact:
Ali Boyle, Colorado Educational Interpreter Coordinator
Phone: (303) 506-9316
Email Ali Boyle
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.