Regional PWR Symposiums
Please join the ICAP Practitioners for upcoming regional PWR Symposiums, Showcasing the "C" in ICAP.
- West: January 25, Colorado Mountain College in Edwards - Register Here!
- South: February 2, D49 in Colorado Springs - Register Here!
- East: Week of February 26-March 1 in the Limon area - Register Here!
- North: March 9, Front Range Community College in Westminster - Register Here!
View a sample PWR Symposium Flyer
October 31, 2016 and March 10, 2017:, Showcasing the “I” in ICAP - D11 in Colorado Springs and CMC/Rifle
Contact Robin Russel for more information, Russel_r@cde.state.co.us or 303-866-2908
Colorado's PWR/ICAP Facilitators Available for Technical Assistance
ICAP Facilitators work with neighboring school and district teams to answer questions about PWR initiatives – including ICAP – and they facilitate the culture of Meaningful Career Conversations among all staff with all students.
Hers's what PWR/ICAP Facilitators can do for you! (no cost)
- Foster creative thinking to enhance your ICAP process;
- Teach processes for all staff to have meaningful career conversations with students;
- Collaborate with programs across the school/district/region;
- Train additional regional representatives for implementation sustainability;
- Design and facilitate PWR/ICAP Trainings in your region;
- Teach and Navigate the ICAP toolkit;
- Message and foster buy-in, enthusiasm and relevance for secondary initiatives; and
- Explore, share, refine and replicate promising practices.
Here's what you can do!
- Email the closest facilitator listed below
- Provide contact information, several best times to connect, and a vision for what you need
- Host the conversation and provide a computer, projector, screen, internet access, and other tools or supplies
- Encourage attendees (at least 5): Administrators, school counselor(s), classroom teachers, support staff, business/community members, and other staff: CTE, SpEd/Transition, Technology, and postsecondary reps.
- San Luis Valley:
- Katrina Ruggles: KRuggles@center.k12.co.us
- Jody Sniff: Jody.Sniff@gmail.com
- Don Crow: Crow624@gmail.com
- North Central:
- Tyler Schlagel: Tyler.Schlagel@thompsonschools.org
- Boulder and Summit areas:
- Tracy Thompson: TracyAThompson@outlook.com
- Denver Metro area:
- Traci Sanchez: Traci_Sanchez@dpsk12.org
- Colorado Springs area:
- Mesa 51 and Western Slope
Developed and gathered by ICAP Facilitators.
School Counselor Corps Grant Presentation
FAFSA Compleation Project
Department of Higher Education
Parent Presentation on ICAP
Postsecondary Adult ICAP
Welcome- Train the Facilitator