You are here
Regional Conversations - PWR Symposiums
Join your peers from neighboring schools and districts for a Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) Symposium to talk about implementing PWR initiatives. Engage in strategic conversations about capstone, work-based learning, industry certifications, and ICAP.
- Resources and Promising Practices from PWR Symposiums 2018-2019
- June 10, 2019 - Alternative Education, Colorado Springs. Register here.
Colorado's PWR/ICAP Facilitators Available for Technical Assistance
ICAP Facilitators work with neighboring school and district teams to answer questions about PWR initiatives – including ICAP – and they facilitate the culture of Meaningful Career Conversations among all staff with all students.
Hers's what PWR/ICAP Facilitators can do for you! (no cost)
- Foster creative thinking to enhance your ICAP process;
- Teach processes for all staff to have meaningful career conversations with students;
- Collaborate with programs across the school/district/region;
- Train additional regional representatives for implementation sustainability;
- Design and facilitate PWR/ICAP Trainings in your region;
- Teach and Navigate the ICAP toolkit;
- Message and foster buy-in, enthusiasm and relevance for secondary initiatives; and
- Explore, share, refine and replicate promising practices.
Here's what you can do!
- Email the closest facilitator listed below
- Provide contact information, several best times to connect, and a vision for what you need
- Host the conversation and provide a computer, projector, screen, internet access, and other tools or supplies
- Encourage attendees (at least 5): Administrators, school counselor(s), classroom teachers, support staff, business/community members, and other staff: CTE, SpEd/Transition, Technology, and postsecondary reps.
- San Luis Valley:
- Katrina Ruggles: KRuggles@center.k12.co.us
- Jody Sniff: Jody.Sniff@gmail.com
- Colorado Springs and South:
- Don Crow: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Central:
- Tyler Schlagel: Tyler.Schlagel@thompsonschools.org
- Denver Metro area:
- Boulder area:
- Tracy Thompson: TracyAThompson@outlook.com
- Summit County and Eagle:
- Jim Thompson James.Thompson@eagleschools.net
- Mesa 51 and Western Slope
Developed and gathered by ICAP Facilitators.
School Counselor Corps Grant Presentation
FAFSA Compleation Project
Department of Higher Education
Parent Presentation on ICAP
Postsecondary Adult ICAP
Welcome- Train the Facilitator