GED Testing Service provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations to individuals with documented disabilities who demonstrate a need for accommodations. Test accommodations are individualized and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Before you request any testing accommodations, you must complete the following steps:
- Create a MyGED account by signing up on GED.com or log in to your MyGED account if you have an active account.
- Answer Yes on the GED Testing Service Registration form on the last question asking, “Do you need to request accommodated testing conditions for a documented disability?”
- Once the registration form is submitted, you will receive an email indicating where you will submit your accommodations request form and supporting documentation.
Note: All accommodation requests are processed through GED Testing Accommodations.
The Colorado GED Testing Office does not approve any accommodation requests.
- Guidelines for Evaluators
An "Evaluator" is the professional diagnostician (typically a doctor or psychologist) who will be providing documentation supporting the candidate's need for accommodations.
- Guidelines for Candidates
Read this document prior to applying for GED Testing Accommodations to ensure that your disability meets the guidelines to receive special testing accommodations.
- Guidelines for Evaluators: Learning and Other Cognitive Disabilities
- Guidelines for Evaluators: Intellectual Disabilities
- Guidelines for Evaluators: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Guidelines for Evaluators: Psychological and Psychiatric Disorder
- Guidelines for Evaluators: Physical Disorders and Chronic Health Conditions
Please make sure that your Evaluator has a copy of the Evaluator Guidelines document that matches the type of application you are applying for. Give this document to the Evaluator at the same time that you give him or her your Accommodations Application to fill out.
Applications and Other Forms
Choose one of the applications listed below to apply for GED Testing Accommodations:
- Learning and Other Cognitive Disabilities Application
- Intellectual Disabilities Application
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder Application
Other important forms:
- Accommodations Appeal
You may complete this form if one or more of your requested accommodations was not approved
- Request for Extension of Accommodations
All accommodations approvals are automatically valid for one year from the approval date. If the Candidate would like to test with the accommodations previously approved after one year, he or she must apply for an extension.
- Low-Cost Testing Clinics
This document provides suggestions for where GED accommodations applicants can receive diagnostics testing for their accommodations application.
- Minor Modifications
The items listed in this document DO NOT require pre-approval or completion of an accommodations application.
- The GED Testing Service: Accommodations
More information on testing accommodations for the GED.
- Frequently Asked Questions