You are here
Visual Impairment: Statewide Activities / Education Careers
Regional Low Vision Evaluation Clinics
Five regional clinics are sponsored, through IDEA funds, in the western, southern, metro, and northern areas of the state. These clinics are available to Colorado public school students with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) who qualify under the eligibility category of “visual impairment, including blindness.”
Paperwork for the LVE Clinic includes:
- LVEC Welcome Letter
- Purchase Policy for Low Vision Devices
Please reach out to Roberta Curtis for questions.
To help students and their parents prepare for a Colorado Low Vision Clinic, the CSDB Outreach Program has created a video entitled An Introduction to a Colorado Low Vision Evaluation Clinic.
Keeping in Touch (KIT) Newsletter
**Please email Roberta Curtis if an alternate version of this document is needed.
Professional Learning (Blindness/Visual Impairment)
Education Careers Working with Students
- Paraeducator of Students with Visual Impairments (PDF)
- CDE-Certified Braillist (PDF)
- Nationally Certified Braillist (PDF)
Braille Textbook Transcriber
Licensed and Endorsed Special Education Specialist: Visually Impaired/Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TVI)
Licensed and Endorsed School Orientation and Mobility Specialist (COMS)
Licensure information in Colorado
- For information about the endorsement requirements for the Special Education Specialist: Visually Impaired Ages Birth-21 (9.02), go to the Endorsement Requirements page
- For information about the endorsement requirements for the School Orientation and Mobility Specialist Ages 0-21 (11.03), go to the Endorsement Requirements page
- University of Northern Colorado Teacher Training Program in Orientation and Mobility
- UNC Masters Program: Special Education - Visual Impairment
For more information on state-wide activities, Education Careers or Professional Development for Visual Impairment including Blindness, please contact:
Tanni Anthony, Blindness/Visual Impairment Specialist
Email Tanni Anthony
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.