Definition: A child with deaf-blindness has concomitant hearing and visual impairments, the combination of which causes such severe communication and other developmental and educational needs that the child cannot be accommodated in special education programs solely for children with deafness or children with blindness.
- Project Information: Colorado Services for Children and Youth With Combined Vision and Hearing Loss
- What is Deafblindness?/Who is Deafblind?
- Colorado Annual Census of Children and Youth With Combined Vision and Hearing Loss
- Hearing Impairment, Including Deafness
- Multiple Disabilities
- Significant Support Needs
- Visual Impairment, Including Blindness
The contents of this website were developed under a grant from the United States Department of Education (US DOE), #H326C080044. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the US DOE and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. -- Project Officer, Jo Ann McCann