You are here
Career Information (SLI)
Speech-Language Pathology Listserv
The Colorado Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) listserv shares resources, professional development and training opportunities and provides information including current trends, research, and ongoing topics of interest related to SLPs. The purpose of this network is to provide information and news regarding the profession and research; announce professional development and training opportunities; and post school-based job openings. Our focus is to better the lives of students with Speech-Language Impairments and benefit the families, communities, and professionals who support them. This service is chat-free and does not include advertisements from vendors or contract-based companies. To subscribe to the SLP Listserv, please follow the directions below.
Join the SLP Listserv
To subscribe to the CO-SLP listserv:
- Open a new email.
- In the “To” field, type the email SLPemail@example.com and send the message.
- Once added, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you have a problem, email Shani O'brien at Obrien_s@cde.state.co.us
To unsubscribe from the CO-SLP listserv:
- Open a new email.
- In the “To” field, type the email SLPfirstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of the message write, “unsubscribe SLP” and send the message.
- You will automatically be unsubscribed.
A variety of learning opportunities, information, and resources are provided on this listserv. These materials do not represent an exhaustive list, nor are they required or endorsed by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). The identification or description is for the purpose of providing information and resources and does not constitute CDE's endorsement. Every effort has been made to identify the citation for the resource; please maintain the citation and/or authorship when adapting or modifying these materials.
ASHA State Education Advocacy Leader (SEAL)
State Education Advocacy Leaders (SEALs) are appointed to advocate on education issues by CSHA our ASHA recognized state speech-language hearing association. The SEAL’s purpose is “to enhance and perpetuate the advocacy, leadership, and clinical management skills of school-based ASHA members at the state and local levels to influence administrative and public policy decisions that affect the delivery of speech-language pathology and audiology services in school settings.” Find more information about SEALs and who represents Colorado.
The Colorado Speech-Language Hearing Association (CSHA)
CSHA is a professional association consisting of speech-language pathologists and audiologists that work in a variety of settings throughout Colorado. The key goals of CSHA are the advancement of education, advocacy, and member communication amongst SLPs and Audiologists. Membership in CSHA supports state level advocacy for our professions, CE events hosted in Colorado, communication to members on important issues, as well as volunteer and networking opportunities. CSHA's vision is "Making Colorado a place where all voices are heard." CSHA welcomes future professionals and speech-language pathology assistants. We hope you'll consider becoming a member. For more information go to the CSHA website.
Speech/Language Advisory Committee (SLAC)
- Mission of SLAC and Regional Representatives (PDF)
- Special Education Calendar - to see what’s happening in special education
Employment and Recruitment
- Email Holly Jackson if you have a school-based speech position (pathologist or pathology assistant) available
- List of School-Based Speech positions (Pathologist or pathology assistant) available in Colorado*
*Please note this is not a comprehensive list and may not include all vacancies
- If you are retiring, retired or only interested in short-term, part-time work, add your name to the list at the link below. Your information will only be shared with directors seeking to hire a speech-language pathologist which fits your criteria.
Retiring, Retired, short-term, part-time work List (Google Form)
- Speech/Language Pathologist (SLP)
- Speech/Language Pathologist Prerequisites Program (SLPP)
- Distance Learning Programs (PDF)
- Colorado Educator Licensing
Speech/Language Pathology Assistant
- Colorado SLPA Consortium Contacts
- Technical Assistance: Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) (PDF) Please contact Shani O'brien if an alternate version of this document is needed.
- Practice Guidelines for Supervisors of SLPAs (PDF)
For more information about services for students who have speech or language impairments in Colorado, please contact:
Shani O'Brien, Speech-Language Specialist
Email Shani O'Brien
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.