You are here
State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR)
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires each state to develop a state performance plan/annual performance report (SPP/APR) that evaluates the state’s efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of the IDEA and describes how the state will improve its implementation.
The SPP/APRs include indicators that measure child and family outcomes and other indicators that measure compliance with the requirements of the IDEA.
The indicators in Part B of IDEA fall into three monitoring priority areas:
- Provision of a Free, Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE)
- State exercise of general supervision, including child find, effective monitoring, the use of resolution meetings, mediation, and a system of transition services
- Disproportionate representation of racial and ethnic groups in special education and related services, to the extent the representation is the result of inappropriate identification.
A state is required to submit a state performance plan (SPP) at least every six years. Each year, states must report against the targets in its SPP in an annual performance report (APR).
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2018-19 (Word)
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2017-18
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2016-17
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2015-16
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2014-15
State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP)
The SPP’s Indicator 17 is a State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP). The SSIP is a comprehensive, ambitious, yet achievable multi-phase plan for improving results for students with disabilities. Colorado has chosen improving literacy knowledge and skills of students who are in kindergarten through third grade as the focus of its SSIP.
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase One (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Two (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Three, Year 1 (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Three, Year 2 (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Three, Year 3 (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Three, Year 4 (PDF)
- State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) - Phase Three, Year 5 (PDF)
Administrative Units' Progress on The SPP/APR Indicators
Administrative Unit (AU) SPP/APR Indicator Profiles
IDEA 2004 requires the State to report to the public on each AU's performance compared to state targets and state performance for 14 indicators from the SPP/APR.
SPP/APR Indicator Data
The SPP/APR contains measurable and rigorous targets in the following 17 indicators. Please click indicators of your interest to learn more about them.
Indicator 9 - Disproportionate Representation in Special Education**
Indicator 10 - Disproportionate Representation in Specific Disability Categories**
Indicator 15 - Hearing Requests Resolved*
Indicator 16 - Mediation Agreements*
Indicator 17 - State Systemic Improvement Plan* (see links above)
*Indicators in blue (above) are “result indicators” in which States are evaluated based on their achievement on the given indicator.
**Indicators in green (above) are “compliance indicators” in which States are evaluated based on the extent to which they are compliant with IDEA in the given indicator area.
- Families of Students with Disabilities - Informed & Active, Updated August 2016 (PDF)
- Familias de Estudiantes con Discapacidades - Informados y Activos, May 2014 (PDF)
If you would like a hard copy of the SPP/APR, please contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.