You are here
Indicator 13 (Secondary Transition IEPs)
Indicator 13 - Secondary Transition IEPs
Percent of youth with IEPs aged 15 and above (ECEA Rules 4.03(6)(d)(i)) with an IEP that includes the following:
- appropriate measurable postsecondary goals that are annually updated and based upon an age-appropriate transition assessment
- transition services, including courses of study, that will reasonably enable the student to meet those postsecondary goals
- annual IEP goals related to the student’s transition service needs
- evidence that the student was invited to the IEP Team meeting where transition services are to be discussed
- evidence of prior consent of the parent to invite a representative of any participating agency that is likely to be responsible for providing or paying for transition services. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B)
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
- Indicator 13 Requirements and Additional Resources (Secondary Transition Page)
- 2021-2022 Transition IEP Record Review Training Resources (General Supervision Page)
- Writing Quality Secondary Transition IEPs That Include Required Elements of Indicator 13 (PDF)
- Directors' Navigation Chart for Indicators 11, 12, and 13 (PDF)
- Contact Indicator 13 Content Expert, Gloria Durosko (email)
For more information, contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.