You are here
Indicator 3A: Participation for Children with IEPs
Indicator 3A: Participation for Children with IEPs (20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(A))
Participation rate percent = [(# of children with IEPs participating in an assessment) divided by the (total # of children with IEPs enrolled during the testing window)]. Calculate separately for reading and math. Calculate separately for grades 4, 8, and high school. The participation rate is based on all children with IEPs, including both children with IEPs enrolled for a full academic year and those not enrolled for a full academic year.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
Targets for the Current SPP/APR Cycle
Grade 4, 8,
Improvement Strategies for Indicator 3
- CDE will hold districts accountable for their performance on Ind3ABCD
- CDE will develop an Educational Benefit Review process which is a 3-year review of a student’s IEPs to determine that the IEP is reasonably calculated to enable the child to make progress in light of the child’s circumstances.
- CDE will actively partner with AUs that have an identified need in the area(s) of English Language Arts (ELA) and/or math to increase the implementation of professional practices from the numerous professional development opportunities.
- CDE will work internally to connect content specialists across the department to work collaboratively to provide direct support to AUs that have an identified need in the area(s) of ELA and/or math.
Legislation / Grants
- The Colorado Reading to Ensure Academic Development Act (Colorado READ Act) was passed by the Colorado legislature in 2012, giving the state the guiding philosophy, structure, and resources to get children reading at grade level by the time they enter the fourth grade.
- House Bill 19-1134 - Identification And Interventions For Students With Dyslexia
- Comprehensive Literacy State Development Program (Grant)
Target Setting Videos
Note: The feedback period has closed, these videos are included for information on the target setting process.
- 4th Grade State Assessment Video
Overall Intro runs from 00:00 to 01:24 Time Stamp
Indicator 3A Content runs from 01:33 to 02:50 Time Stamp
- 8th Grade State Assessment Video
Overall Intro runs from 00:00 to 01:28 Time Stamp
Indicator 3A Content runs from 01:28 to 02:43 Time Stamp
- 11th Grade State Assessment Video
Overall Intro runs from 00:00 to 01:22 Time Stamp
Indicator 3A Content runs from 01:32 to 02:58 Time Stamp
- Archive of previous Indicator 3 Webpage
- CMAS - Data and Results
- CoAlt Alternate English Language Arts and Math - Data and Results
- CoAlt Alternate Science and Social Studies - Data and Results
- School View
For more information, contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.