You are here
Indicator 8 - Parent Involvement
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and Administrative Units (AUs) conduct a survey every school year to learn how parents are involved in their child’s special education program. Please refer to the short webinar and the survey guide below:
- 2021-2022 Parent Survey Webinar Powerpoint (Provided for links)
- Survey Guide for AUs (doc)
- If the AU prefers to print the survey, please print this PDF version of the Parent Survey
- Print on a Ledger size (17” x 11”) paper Landscape
- Add student name and access code
- Scan and upload the completed survey to the Data Management System Family-School tab
Email Miki that the completed surveys were uploaded
Percent of parents with a child receiving special education services who report that schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving services and results for children with disabilities.
(20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(A))
Percent = [(# of respondent parents who report schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving services and results for children with disabilities) divided by the (total # of respondent parents of children with disabilities)] times 100.
At the beginning of every school year, the Colorado Department of Education randomly selects students with disabilities whose parents will participate in the parent survey. CDE sends these surveys to Administrative Units of the students’ attendance, which in turn distribute the surveys to the selected parents. The survey collection closes at the end of the school year.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
- Brief Report on Parent Survey Results SY2017-18 (PDF)
- Brief Report on Parent Survey Results SY2018-19 (PDF)
- Brief Report on Parent Survey Results SY2019-20 (PDF)
- Brief Report on Parent Survey Results SY2020-21 (PDF)
- Relative Impact of Family Engagement Strategies on Student Learning (PDF)
- Indicator 8 Planning Tool for Families and Educators of Students with Disabilities (PDF)
For more information, contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.