You are here

Added Endorsement (Special Services Provider)

Preparing to Apply

Am I in the Right Place?

This checklist is for licensed teachers, principals, and special services provider applicants seeking an added endorsement to a valid (active) Colorado educator license. If you do not hold an active license, please review the other checklists and make the appropriate selection.

( View Added Endorsements Information )

Plan Ahead

  • You will need electronic copies of all documentation.
    ( Get Help with Document Scanning )
  • Allow ample time to request any third party transcripts or other documentation.

Application Fee:

$ 80.00



  • In most cases, additional fingerprinting is not required for this type of application.
    • If you already hold a valid, CDE-issued educational credential and have consistently maintained an active credential (authorization or license) since you submitted your fingerprints, you can skip this step. We reserve the right to evaluate your application for adherence to the fingerprint requirements and will notify you by email should any follow-up be needed.
    • If you have submitted fingerprints for CDE credentialing in the past, but allowed all credentials to lapse and have held no active credential for a period exceeding 1 year, you must submit a new set of fingerprints.

View Fingerprinting Instructions )


  • List the names and addresses of the colleges/universities you've attended.
  • State statute requires that you submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.  This would include any transfer credits that led to your degree earned.  If required for the endorsement you are seeking, your official transcripts must show a minimum of a Bachelor's degree conferred.  ( View Transcript Requirements )
  • Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be in English or include an authentic English translation, and have been evaluated by an established credential evaluation service as selected by CDE for course equivalence. CDE currently only accepts evaluations completed by a NACES member.
  • Demonstrate professional and content competency by obtaining one of the following:
    • Teachers and SSPs: Include official college transcripts from a state-approved program, or
    • Teachers only: Obtain official college transcripts showing you've completed 24 credit hours of relevant college-level coursework in your endorsement area with a GPA of 2.6 or higher (this option is only available for some endorsement areas), or
    • Teachers only: Obtain proof you have completed and passed the content exam for your endorsement area (this option is only available for some endorsement areas).

( View Transcript Requirements )
( Find Out if you can use Credit or Assessment for your Added Endorsement ) - Teachers only

  • Teachers only: Download and complete the appropriate Added Endorsement Content Worksheet (if your endorsement area requires it).
    • If your endorsement area is listed as a link, then you must complete the form.

( View Endorsement Worksheets )

  • Teachers only: Include proof of work experience, in-service training, and/or professional development in your endorsement area.
    • CDE may grant you up to six credit hours towards the requirements for an added endorsement.
    • If you are seeking credit for work experience, you must obtain a signed letter from your supervising administrator (on official school letterhead) that documents the total number of contact hours completed in the endorsement area you are seeking.
    • If you are seeking credit for in-service training or professional development, you will need to obtain certificates of completion. Certificates must include your name, name of the workshop/conference, name of the agency providing workshop, location, dates and contact hours, and a signature from the provider verifying your attendance and completion of workshop.

( View Information on Adding an Additional Endorsement to a Valid License )


  • Within the application you must include employment history for at least the past 5 years.
    • Include teaching experience from more than 5 years ago, if you have it.


  • If applicable, obtain supporting documentation on the following:
    • Past criminal history
    • Disciplinary actions
    • Any issues related to licensure or employment

    View Self-Disclosure Requirements )

Register and Apply

Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Just register for the eLicensing system or, if you are already registered, log in.

Then, select the application titled "Added Endorsement" to get started.

Register   or, if already registered,    Log In


For questions, email or call 303-866-6628.



For questions, submit a Licensing Support Request form or call 720-739-3304 (7:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday).