Educator Talent News
Welcome to our Educator Talent News page! Stay up to date on all things Educator Talent including news on Preparation, Licensing, Development and Educator Effectiveness.
Our monthly e-newsletter includes resources and tools for districts/BOCES and ed prep programs to support educator preparation and development efforts.
- We're here to assist you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
All Communication Regarding Fingerprint Resubmission Is Complete
All educators who must resubmit fingerprints as part of CDE's recent records audit were notified as of May 19, 2017. If you have not received an email, you can check your background check status at any time by logging in to your eLicensing account and clicking on the "Alerts" tab. If your status shows "No Fingerprint/Background Results Received," please check the email address associated with your eLicensing account for communication from our office.
If you received communication about submitting fingerprints, your communication will fall into one of three categories:
- Reimbursement (June 23rd, 2017 Deadline has Passed): This communication includes 2 separate emails, first to notify the educator of the fingerprint and fee requirement, then a follow-up to provide information and instructions for the fee reimbursement process.
- Waiver (June 1st, 2017 Postmark Deadline has Passed): This email includes information to submit fingerprints to CBI without additional payment.
- Fingerprints Are Needed: This email was sent to educators who CBI confirms have no record of prior fingerprint submissions specifically for CDE and must submit fingerprints to CBI for CDE credentialing to meet the requirement.
New Rules of Regulation
Effective March 30, 2016, newly aligned Rules of Regulation for Educator Preparation and Licensing have been adopted, affecting certain licensing endorsements in Colorado. Please view our Endorsement fact sheet (PDF) for a brief summary of the major changes and schedule for implementation.
- Special Education Generalist: As a result of the new rules of regulation, effective March 30, 2016, the rules for Ages 5-21 Special Education Generalist endorsement have been updated to include a requirement for both program and content assessment. To ensure the orderly transition to the new regulations, currently licensed educators may add the endorsement through a test-only (either PLACE or Praxis) option until March 30, 2017. Educators exercising this option must pass a Colorado-approved content assessment before February 28, 2017. *** Please note the February 28, 2017 date is an extension from previous communications. View the September 2016 Special Education Generalist Rules Revision Memo (PDF) for further details.
The Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
Update! Please view our Content Assessment Review Project page for an update on the recently adopted Praxis exams!
Hard Copy Licenses
- Hard copy licenses will no longer be available from CDE beginning July 1, 2015. Due to low demand and increased printing costs, this option has been eliminated. Please review the Credential Delivery page to learn more about eCredentials.
Minority Recruitment and Retention Report
- Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.
Mailing Transcripts is No Longer Required
- As of 9/1/13, you no longer need to mail or bring in your official transcripts to CDE unless specifically requested to do so.* However, high quality scans of your transcripts do need to be uploaded into your eLicensing application.
- To provide some background, CDE does not file transcripts, scores or any other documentation on your behalf. We use these documents only to evaluate your application but we do not keep them on file. Please keep your transcripts, scores, and other documentation in your own personal files in case of audit or for use in future applications.
- *We want you to have the fastest service possible! If you have been asked to mail documents to us, make sure to mail them to 6000 E Evans Ave, Building #2, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80222.
For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator