Site Index | CDE Offices | Staff Directory

Transcript Requirements and Processes for Colorado Licensure


Many applications in the Colorado eLicensure system require that you upload electronic copies of your academic transcripts. This resource reviews the requirements and best practices related to transcripts so your application process goes smoothly.

Step 1

Well in advance of beginning any application, order your transcripts from each university/college you plan to list in your application. Official transcripts must be from an accepted institution of higher education. These guidelines are in accordance with CRS 22-60.5--102(1). You must provide transcripts for every college/university listed.

Official transcripts must contain:

  • The signature of the University Registrar
  • Degree conferred (BA or MA, for example)
  • All coursework with course name, credit hours and grade

For colleges and universities outside of the United States you must provide a printed course-by-course transcript equivalency report provided by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). You may find a NACES member by visiting their website.

Transcripts from foreign universities must be translated in to English and you must provide a course-by-course equivalency report.  The only exceptions to the equivalency requirement are for Universities or Colleges attended in Canada or US territories.  These transcripts must still be in English, or you must provide a NACES-translated report.

Have the transcripts sent to you directly. Do not have transcripts sent directly to us. We do not accept hardcopy transcripts that get mailed to us and we do not download any electronic transcripts via an e-transcripts service. If you receive the transcripts via the mail from your university, you can open the envelope to scan those transcripts into your application, we will still consider them "official" when they are uploaded into your application. If you choose to receive your transcripts electronically from your university or from an e-transcript service, you must have those transcripts sent to you and then you will upload them into your application.

Step 2

Scan and save to your computer a high-quality copy of those transcripts (front and back). View information on scanning and saving files.

Save each set of university/college transcripts into a separate file with your name and the institution name in the file title. (e.g. “Jane Doe UNC Transcript.pdf”, “John Doe CSU Pueblo Transcript.jpg”, etc.). Scanned transcripts must clearly depict the transcript in its entirety with your degree conferred, when applicable.

Unofficial, illegible, dark/light, distorted or partial scanned copies will not be accepted. Failure to upload a legible scan of all required official transcripts will significantly increase the processing time of your application.

Step 3

When requested in the application, upload your document(s). View information on using the upload controls in the elicensure system.


Important Notes

  • Do not mail or bring your transcripts to CDE, unless specifically requested to do so. Do not have any e-transcript service send us transcripts electronically, you must upload them into your application. CDE does not file transcripts on your behalf.
  • CDE uses transcripts solely for the evaluation of your application and then destroys them for your protection. You are required to keep your official transcripts indefinitely in case of audit or for use in future applications.
  • Your application will be rejected if you submit transcripts before your degree is awarded.

Quick Links


Contact Us

Professional Services & Educator Licensure
6000 E Evans Ave
Building #2, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80222
Contact Licensing

Colorado Dept. of Education
201 East Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 303-866-6600
Fax: 303-830-0793
Contact CDE

WCC Access