This week's Weekly Number:
Did you know there are 7 times as many libraries in Colorado as there are Starbucks?! Get more amazing library facts in this week's LRS weekly number post.
The Weekly Number is a series by LRS that highlights statistics that help tell the story of the 21st century library. Learn more by visting LRS.org.
- CSL in Session: Individual Programs: Anything But Passive
June 25, 12:00-1:00 MT: Access the classroom
- CAL Conference Poster Session Proposals due September 1, 2015
- 2015-2016 State Grants to Libraries Eligibility Forms due September 10, 2015
New Resources Available
- New StoryBlocks Videos
7 new StoryBlocks videos are available, including videos in Arabic, French, and Vietnamese
- Library Creation and Learning Site
Resources for library makerspaces, and instructor materials for technology training in public libraries.
- Salvaging Treasures after a Flood
Resources for libraries and the public after flooding
State Library News
- 2015-2016 State Grants to Libraries Funding Announced! Eligibility forms are now available. View this funding allocation chart for projected amounts.
- 2015 CALCON Poster Sessions
Poster sessions at the CAL Conference will highlight all the wonderful work and research being done in the Colorado library scene. The poster session will be held on Friday, October 23rd and participants will have the opportunity to discuss their work with CALCON attendees for an hour on Friday, and will have their work displayed for the entire day. All posters session proposals are due no later than September 1st, 2015. Please submit all poster proposals through this form.
- Update: 2015-2016 LSTA Grant Cycle
Due to fewer funds being available for ongoing operations of key or required library services to Colorado libraries and Coloradans, the FY15-16 LSTA grant application process has been cancelled for this year. If you have been working on, or considering submitting a grant for the August due date, we apologize for the inconvenience. Other grant resources are available at Other Funding Opportunities. While not all are library-specific, some may be suitable for the kinds of projects that libraries need for serving the public.
More information about LSTA Grants.
- Four Things You Should Know: Update from the Colorado State Library for the 2015 CLiC spring workshops
- Check out a By the Numbers look at the 2014 State Grants for Libraries. This 2-page flyer has a map showing the grant distribution along with information on how the grants impacted library budgets.
- State Grants to Libraries 2014-2015 Awards Announced! This Funding Allocation Chart lists each grant recipient (one grant per main library jurisdiction or school district) and amount.
- Latest Fast Facts from LRS:
Summer Reading Makes a Difference for Colorado Families
2014: A Banner Year for Library Jobline
One Book 4 Colorado 2014: Creating a Culture of Literacy
State Grants to Libraries: First Look at 2013-14
- 2014-2015 LSTA Grant Awarded Projects Announced