Website has instructor materials and information related to technology training in public libraries for those teaching public computer classes or training staff to be better one-on-one tech tutors.
An online learning series of from the Colorado State Library. Free, hour-long virtual classes on a broad range of library-related topics. Sessions are interactive and participation is central to the learning.
Monthly listing of free webinars and CE events on a variety of relevant topics.
Learn about the state AIRS database products through this archive of hands-on EBSCO training sessions and live webinars. Additional online resources to help you or patrons learn and use the databases more effectively are available FREE for download and viewing.
Tips for Online Learning
- Strategies for Online Learning Success: Tips for Online, Self-Directed Learning (PDF)
Tips for learners and managers, created to support WebJunction asynchronous courses.
- Tips and Best Practices for Presenting Online (PDF)
Created for CAL Business Services Interest Group, June 2010 (note: this document excludes production tips).
- Tips and Best Practices for the Synchronous Virtual Classroom (PDF)
Created for American Library Association preconference Beyond F2F: New Methods of Staff Training, June 2010 - includes general, production and facilitation tips and best practices.
- Web Conferencing Features (XLS)
Worksheet listing common features of web conferencing systems - to be used for evaluating and comparing systems.
Online Continuing Education and Training Providers
- American Libraries Live
- American Management Association Events
- Booklist Webinars
- CLiC Training and Education
- Education Week Webinars
- Georgia Library Association - Carterette Series Webinars
- Idaho Commission for Libraries: