Vision: Exemplary teachers ignite the potential of every student.
The mission of the CDE School Library/Digital Literacy Instructional Specialist is to empower educators to have the teaching skills needed to create meaningful, collaborative, and challenging learning opportunities so that their students can thrive in today’s world.
Our core values: Leadership; Joy; Curiosity; Lifelong learning; Empowerment; Reflection
Information for Teacher-Librarians
- Highly Effective School Library (HESL) Program/Recognition
- Other Professional Development:
- Slideshare Presentations
- CDE's "Practical Ideas for Evaluating Teacher-Librarians"
- Digital Literacy Resources NEW!
- Colorado Standards (CAS)
- 21st Century skills – Student Benchmarks (PDF)
- Colorado Standards 21st Century Skills brochure (PDF)
- 21st Century Skills Assessment Links
- Measuring 21st Century Skills Competencies (PDF)
- National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for Students (PDF)
- ISTE Standards
- Colorado Histories - Colorado Biographies and more
- Learning Spaces - The Irresistible Library: Renovate and Rejuvenate Webinar. Listen to this recording from Dec. 9th, 2015, for ideas on how we can transform our learning spaces into irresistible, future-forward environments that meet the multiple needs of our modern learners as well as ideas for creating flexible, open and appealing spaces with varying budgets. To learn more about resources and ideas on library spaces, visit presenter Marci Milius’s website.
- ESSA Guidance for School Libraries (PDF)
Additional information from AASL: http://www.ala.org/aasl/advocacy/legislation/essa
- LRS School Library Profiles
- School Library Impact Study Infographic (LRS.org)
- Survive and Thrive: An Advocacy Toolkit
- Open eBooks was launched February 24 to make thousands of award-winning and popular electronic books available to low-income K-12 students and families. Students qualify if the school is Title 1 eligible or receives Title 1 funds, or if 70% or more of students are on free or reduced lunch. If your school qualifies or if you are unsure, please share this information with administrators and staff to determine how to take advantage of this opportunity. Get started, register, and qualifying: http://openebooks.net/getstarted.html. View this PDF for more information
- Becoming a Highly Effective Library Manager Module Series through EDU
- Database discounts though CO Library Consortium (CLiC)
- Collection Development Policy Links
- Support for Challenged Materials
- Teacher Librarian Guides by Joyce Valenza
- Teacher Librarian and School Librarian Endorsement Guidelines (Doc)
- Approved Endorsement Programs
- AASL School Librarian Education Programs
- Educator Licensing
- Colorado Educator Jobline
- CO Library Jobline
- Teaching Jobs