Vision: Exemplary teachers ignite the potential of every student.
The mission of the CDE School Library/Digital Literacy Instructional Specialist is to empower educators to have the teaching skills needed to create meaningful, collaborative, and challenging learning opportunities so that their students can thrive in today’s world.
Our core values: Leadership; Joy; Curiosity; Lifelong learning; Empowerment; Reflection
Information for Teacher-Librarians
- Highly Effective School Library (HESL) Program/Recognition
- Other Professional Development:
- Slideshare Presentations
- CDE's "Practical Ideas for Evaluating Teacher-Librarians"
- Digital Literacy Resources
- Colorado Standards (CAS)
- 21st Century skills – Student Benchmarks (PDF)
- Colorado Standards 21st Century Skills brochure (PDF)
- 21st Century Skills Assessment Links
- Measuring 21st Century Skills Competencies (PDF)
- National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for Students (PDF)
- ISTE 2016 Student Standards
- ISTE Redefining Learning in a Technology-Driven World Report
- Colorado Histories - Colorado Biographies and more
- The Irresistible Library: Renovate and Rejuvenate Webinar. Listen to this recording from Dec. 2015.To learn more about resources and ideas on library spaces, visit presenter Marci Milius’s website.
- ESSA Guidance for School Libraries (PDF)
Additional information from AASL: http://www.ala.org/aasl/advocacy/legislation/essa
- LRS School Library Profiles
- School Library Impact Study Infographic (LRS.org)
- Survive and Thrive: An Advocacy Toolkit
- Open eBooks was launched February 24 to make thousands of award-winning and popular electronic books available to low-income K-12 students and families. Students qualify if the school is Title 1 eligible or receives Title 1 funds, or if 70% or more of students are on free or reduced lunch. If your school qualifies or if you are unsure, please share this information with administrators and staff to determine how to take advantage of this opportunity. Get started, register, and qualifying: http://openebooks.net/getstarted.html. View this PDF for more information
- Becoming a Highly Effective Library Manager Module Series through EDU
- Database discounts though CO Library Consortium (CLiC)
- Facing a challenge? Contact ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom (ALA membership not necessary.) Also helpful: ALA's Support for Challenged Materials
- Teacher Librarian Guides by Joyce Valenza