- World Book Night- April 23, 2014
- 21st Century Library Trends (PDF)
- ALA's Declaration for the Right to Libraries
- Mary Stein TED Talk on the Future of Libraries (YouTube video)
- The Most Playful Libraries in the World
- Tattooed Librarian Calendar from Rhode Island
- Libraries are Lifelines from October 2013 Colorado Counties Inc e-newsletter (PDF)
- Colorado Public Library Board and Trustees Pocket Handbook: Basic information for library boards and trustees in a handy flip-book format.
- Getting on Board: Tools for Board Development and Assessment
- Best Practices for Library Board of Trustees (PDF)
- State Library Board Training
- Trustee Academy, from United for Libraries, formerly the Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations (ALTAFF), a complete series of five webcasts to help Trustees become excellent governors or advisors to their libraries.
- Trustee Track Handouts - CAL Conference 2009
- Colorado Library Law: (CRS 24-90-101 et seq). Full text, Quick Guides, and other information on the Colorado Library Law.
- Other Legal Resources: Other Quick Guides or excerpts from the Colorado Revised Statutes related to formation or operation of Colorado public libraries.
- 2011 Colorado Public Library Standards: The Public Library Standards conform to language in CRS 24-90-103(2)(a.3) calling for improvement in standards for public libraries.
- A library district is one of the four types of Colorado public libraries specified in the Library Law (CRS 24-90-101...). It is a political subdivision of the state, funded by a voter-approved property tax. Once the library district is approved by the voters, the appointed board of trustees has full governance powers and responsibilities, including mill levy certification, budget appropriation, and the authority to issue bonds.
- Library District information, including district legal documents and other resources
- Sunshine Laws
- FAQs (DOCX)
- Library Advocacy Do's and Don'ts (PDF)
- Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act and ADA Amendments Act (Toolkit)
- Legal Resources for Patrons: Host free legal clinics in your library - Virtual Pro Se Clinic (VPC). Contact: Ric Morgan
- Sample Policies
- Facility Planning / Building Projects
- Library Advocacy Do's and Don'ts (PDF)
- Community Planning (LRS Planning Resources)
For consultation on Strategic Planning, please email Jacqueline Murphy
- Libraries are part of our American fabric, but as Americans, we innovate! For resources that you can use in advocating for your library, to show how libraries are rapidly evolving, see the Advocacy page.
- Project Encompass
- Libraries Create Healthy Communities - information on health initiative collaboration, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- BTOP/Public Computer Centers
- Colorado and Nationwide Library Programs
- Statewide Summer Reading Program
- Promotional Campaigns: A variety of resources to help libraries celebrate noteworthy efforts, such as National Library Week and Summer Reading Program.
- Directories and Map:
- Directory of Colorado Libraries: Displays a list of libraries to your specifications.
- Library Email Lists
- Mailing labels
- Public Libraries by Size of Population (PDF)
- Public Libraries by Type (PDF)
- Public Library Websites
- Statewide Map of All Library Jurisdictions (PDF)
- Certified Public Library Administrator Program
- Directory of ALA Accredited Master’s Programs
- National Certification: This Library Support Staff Certification Program (LSSCP) addresses LSS needs for a national certification program to help the profession standardize expectations for LSS, help the large number of LSS master critical job competencies; provide educators with guidance for training curriculums; and help employers articulate job requirements.
- Job Seeker Resources
- American Library Association
- American Library Association (Office of Intellectual Freedom) Banned Books
- Colorado Association of Libraries
- Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC) provides free access to library resources for library users of all CLC member libraries.
- Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC)
- Diversity/Special Populations
- Growing Local Economies: Information from Christine Hamilton-Pennell on supporting local entrepreneurs
- Library Research Service: The Library Research Service (LRS) is responsible for collecting and organizing the data from the Public Library Annual Report.
- Public Library Association
| Jacqueline Murphy|
Public Library and Community Development Senior Consultant
Colorado State Library
201 East Colfax Ave, Room 309
Denver, CO 80203-1799