Indirect Cost Rate - The ratio of indirect costs to direct costs, expressed as a percentage. Indirect costs are those elements of cost necessary in the provision of a service which are of such nature that they cannot be readily or accurately identified with the specific service. Direct costs are those elements of cost which can be easily, obviously, and conveniently identified with specific activities or programs.
- If you have charged administrative costs to your individual grants, you CAN NOT use indirect cost rates, as this is "double dipping."
- To understand how your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rate is calculated, you will need to fill out the following worksheet using your detailed Indirect Cost Rate Calculations pages (provided below).
- Understanding your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rates 2013-14 (DOC)
- Understanding your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rates 2012-13 (DOC)
- Understanding your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rates 2011-12 (DOC)
- Understanding your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rates 2010-11 (DOC)
- Understanding your Fixed With Carry Forward Indirect Cost Rates 2009-10 (DOC)
- Cost Allocation Guide for State and Local Governments
- Indirect Cost Rate Delegation Agreement Letters
Please click on your district name below to access the Indirect Cost Rate Calculations in PDF format.
Spreadsheets to look up the available rates: FY03-04 through FY12-13
- Indirect Cost Rates 14-15
- Indirect Cost Rates 13-14
- Indirect Cost Rates 12-13
- Indirect Cost Rates 11-12
- Indirect Cost Rates 10-11
- Indirect Cost Rates 09-10
- Indirect Cost Rates 08-09
- Indirect Cost Rates 07-08
- Indirect Cost Rates 06-07 as of April, 21 2006
- Indirect Cost Rates 05-06 as of May 19, 2005
- Indirect Cost Rates 04-05
- Indirect Cost Rates 03-04
For additional information please contact
Adam Williams at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.866.6843
Kirk Weber at: email@example.com or 303.866.6610