About the Public School Financial Transparency Act
Section 22-44-300, et. seq., C.R.S.
With the passage of HB 10-1036 (PDF), The General Assembly enacted the "Public School Financial Transparency Act", which directs local education providers to post financial information on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access.
Timeline for Compliance
- All documents must be posted or updated within 60 days after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document.
- Prior two budget years' financial information shall be maintained on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access, until the end of the current budget year.
Pursuant to HB 14-1292 (PDF), the Financial Policies and Procedures Advisory Committee of the Department created templates included below for use by local education providers needing assistance with the on-line posting of the information specified.
- Financial Transparency School List: Fiscal Year 2017-18
- Financial Reporting Considerations: Fiscal Year 2017-18
- Alert Waiver Posting Charter Schools
- Alert Waiver Posting Innovation Districts
- Financial Transparency Web Metrics
- House Bill 14-1292 - Historical Sub Committee Meetings
- Financial Transparency Webpage Template:
Small Rural School Districts
- Rural and Small Rural Designation List School Year 2015/2016
- Rural and Small Rural Designation List School Year 2016/2017
- Rural and Small Rural Designation List School Year 2017/2018
- Rural Education Council
- Small Rural District Crosswalk
[click to download full size icon]
Chart of Accounts
School Finance Expenditure Analytics
Required Financial Information
- Annual Budgets:
- District Budget Document
- Uniform Budget Summary Sheet (XLSX)
Although the Uniform Budget Summary Sheet does not meet mandatory budget content as required in 22-44-105 C.R.S., it is required to be included in the budget.
- Financial Audit
- Salary Schedules or Policies
- Financial Data File for FY17-18 (current and prior year: e.g. FY16-17 and FY15-16)
- List of Waivers Received by the School District / Charter School
- Other Specific Financial Information
- Link to Financial Transparency for Colorado Schools website: https://coloradok12financialtransparency.com
Please ensure all bank account numbers, credit card account numbers and any other sensitive account information is redacted off the financial transparency information posted.
- Definition of a Colorado Public School
- BrightBytes Primary Contacts
- Glen Zollman, firstname.lastname@example.org, (208) 440-4536
- Selected Vendor for Financial Transparency Website View
- BrightBytes Trainings
- COSPRA Webinar
- Financial Transparency and Reporting Readiness Webinar