CDE Schools of Choice Unit organizes Topic-Based Webinars presented by experts from the field to support the charter school community with knowledge of best practice and evolving policy changes. To receive technical assistance credit for the Colorado Charter School Program grant, complete the training request form (DOCX) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
Recorded on January 16, 2018 Bill Kottenstette, Elizabeth Anzalone, and Toby King provide information on ensuring equity for students with disabilities seeking to enroll and enrolling in charter schools.
- Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools Webinar Recording
- Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools Power Point (PPTX)
Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers
Recorded on December 5, 2017, Bill Kottenstette, Elizabeth Anzalone, Clare Vickland, and Ruben Pacheco provide information on fostering positive working relationships between a charter authorizer's board and staff and a charter school's board and staff.
- Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers Webinar Recording
- Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers Power Point (PPTX)
Kindergarten School Readiness: Assessments, Plans, and State Reporting
Recorded on November 14, 2017, Bill Kottenstette and Elizabeth Anzalone provide information on Kindergarten School Readiness, including assessments, plans, data reporting, and charter waiver requests.
Gifted Education: Requirements for Charter Schools
Recorded on March 14, 2017, Nikki Myers provides information on gifted education programming in charter schools.
- Requirements for Charter Schools Webinar Recording
- Requirements for Charter Schools Power Point and Presenter Notes (PPTX)
- Gifted Education: Requirements for Charter Schools in Colorado Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Additional information: It is important to use a body of evidence rather than cut-off scores only to identify students.
Recorded on February 21, 2017, Jennell Verow and Clare Vickland provide information on teacher evaluation, evaluation cycle and common challenges.
- Evaluation Practices Webinar Recording
- Evaluation Practices Power Point and Presenter Notes (PPTX)
- Evaluation Practices Assessment Inventory (DOCX)
- Performance Improvement Plan Template (DOCX)
- Additional information: The evaluation cycle does not need to be followed in sequence and should be tailed to your school. "Leverage Leadership" by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo is referenced as a resource.
Recorded on December 7, 2016, Susan Miller and Brian Vasina, provide information on CDE, state, and federal regulations associated with student transportation in Colorado.
- School Transportation Webinar Recording
- Additional information: Authorizers may have additional standards or policies beyond federal and state rules. This webinar provides supplemental information to what is available on the Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance, and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 1 CCR 301-26 website.
Annual Finance Seminar
Recorded on June 15, 2016, Marti Rodriquez provides information on preparing your annual financial report, as well as changes to rules and regulations.
- Annual Finance Seminar Webinar Recording
- Annual Finance Seminar Power Point and Presenter Notes (PPTX)
- Sample Budget (XSLX)
- Additional information: Working on your annual financial report throughout the year may be beneficial. Allow yourself sufficient time to preparing your annual report.
Recorded March 16, 2016, Toby King and Wendy Jacobs provide information on special education in charter schools.
- Webinar Recording
- Additional information: It is the authorizer's responsibility to provide every student with the least restrictive environment. Charter school should focus on providing professional development to staff.
Recorded February 17, 2016, Dr. Terry Croy Lewis presents information to charter school board members on effective leadership evaluation for themselves as well as school leaders.
- Leadership Self-Evaluation Webinar Recording
- Leadership Self-Evaluation Power Point (PPTX)
- Sample Evaluation Tool (DOCX)
- Additional information: Charter school board members often have a diverse background of experience. Creating self-evaluation tools need to be tailored to not only the school's mission can improve leadership.