You are here
Meaningful Career Conversations
OverviewWhen learners engage in Meaningful Career Conversations, they begin to understand how their unique aptitudes, skills, talents, self-identity, and values influence the decision-making process for life-long learning.
Career Conversation Training - Beginning November 2023
Are you ready to empower job seekers through meaningful career exploration and build your leadership skills as a trusted career advisor?
These trainings are designed for ANYONE in a position to provide guidance to those who want to enter the workforce, to pursue a specific career path, or to change careers (now or in the future).
Access the CEI website, Meaningful Career Conversation Trainings to find out how to sign up for next training session near you. Or customize a training for your team.
Access the Career Advising Tool, designed by Indigo Pathways. Take a 10 minute Career Pathway Quiz and provide feedback as they develop the tool.
Meaningful Career Conversations Prompts and Practices
Career Conversation Starters (Also available in Spanish)
The Career Conversations starters and questions provide a guide for families, educators, and community members - any caring adult - to engage with learners in their journey to Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR). They were created by the American School Counselors’ Association (ASCA) and the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and are based on ecosystems theory, counseling theory and an extensive review of counseling and career counseling literature.
- Career Conversation Starters (website)
- Career Conversations Elementary School
- Career Conversations Middle School
- Career Conversations High School
- Career Conversation Starters Postsecondary
- Career Conversation Starters Business and Education Partners
- Promising Practices for High School Apprenticeships
- Pick one of many videos designed for each level, Elementary, Middle, and High School, each is about 3 minutes long.
- Created by: Lauren Jones, CTE program director for special populations, counseling, and equity
- In the Career and College Ready Course at Colorado Springs Early College: students complete exercises, prompts, surveys, learning styles, values, and financial literacy.
"My counselor worked with me and gave me coping skills; my teachers actually understood, and they were aware of everything. They all helped me see my potential… Never allow others to tell you what you can’t do, never let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought was possible."
- Idania Balbuena Erives, CEC graduate with a CNA certificate, Class of 2019
Meaningful Career Conversation Prompts: Answer their questions!
Colorado State Board of Education
7th Congressional District
State Director of CTE, Associate Provost
Colorado Community College System
Coordinator of Social Emotional Behaviors
Littleton Public Schools
Canon City Schools
Colorado State University
Send us your MCC prompt!
Send us your MCC prompt!