CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Outreach and Advice Gathering From Interested Constituents
A policy adoption regarding Colorado high school graduation requirements was made by the state board of education in May 2013. Local district implementation will meet or exceed the policy requirements by the 2015-16 academic year for the on time graduation of the class of 2021.
Since June 2012, the Colorado Department of Education met with members of the following groups for assistance as the new high school graduation requirement recommendations are developed for consideration by the state board of education:
- Admission and Transfer Policy Review task force (Colorado Department of Higher Education)
- Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB)
- Colorado BOCES quarterly meetings
- Colorado Community College System
- Colorado Council on High Schools & College Relations (CCHSCR)
- Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA)
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee
- Colorado Workforce Development Council
- Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE)
- Education Success task force
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Graduation Guidelines Advisory Council
- PWR Endorsed Diploma work group (CDHE)
- Remedial Education Policy Review task force (CDHE)
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education
- Colorado Education Association (CEA)
- Regional superintendent meetings
- Westminster High School, Adams 50 School District
To join our listserv and for questions, contact Robin Russel.