You are here
SY2022-23 Post School Outcomes Interview
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and Administrative Units (AUs) conduct a survey every school year to learn how parents are involved in their child’s special education program. Please refer to the short webinar and the survey guide below:
Indicator 14 measures state performance on the transition from high school to postsecondary education or employment of students with IEPs. Specifically, the federal measure is defined as:
The percent of youth who are no longer in secondary school, had IEPs in effect at the time they left school, and were:
A. enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving high school;
B. enrolled in higher education or competitively employed within one year of leaving high school;
C. enrolled in higher education or in some other post-secondary education or training program; or competitively employed or in some other employment within one year of leaving high school.1
IDEA 2004 requires the State to report its performance compared to state targets for indicator 14. Below is the link to view how the State of Colorado performed on all Indicators in our report to OSEP, the State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR).
Post-School Outcomes (PSO) (Indicator 14)
- Samples available May 1, 2023
- Interview Window Opens: June 1, 2023
- Interview Window Closes: September 30, 2023
(Interviews complete and information recorded in DMS)
- Post-School Outcomes (PSO) (Indicator 14) DMS Training Video - COMING SOON!
- Indicator 14-PSO DMS Training Handouts (PDF)
- Downloading Student lists in Ascend DMS for Indicator 14 (PDF)
- Colorado's Current (2023) PSO Survey Protocol (PDF)
- PSO Interview Postcards (PDF)
- The PSO Interview Postcards will print best on letter sized cardstock.
- Definitions of PSO Engagement Categories (PDF)
- PSO Sample Letter (English) (PDF)
- PSO Sample Letter (Spanish) (PDF)
- PSO Student Contact Form (PDF)
- Colorado's PSO Glossary of Terms (PDF)
- NPSO Contacting Hard to Find Youth Strategies (PDF)
- NPSO Branding Post-School Outcomes (PDF)
Results from Past Surveys
Data Visualization Summary
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2021-2022 (PPTX)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2020-2021 (PPTX)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2019-2020 (PPTX)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2017-2018 (PDF)
Targets for the Current SPP/APR Cycle
|Data from Summer Interview||2021||2022||2023||2024||2025||2026|
|Target A >=||24.20%||24.30%||24.40%||24.50%||24.60%||24.70%|
|Target B >=||68.71%||70.46%||70.46%||72.15%||72.15%||73.76%|
|Target C >=||79.00%||81.02%||81.02%||82.96%||82.96%||84.81%|
The feedback period has closed, and this video is included for information on the target-setting process (the Indicator 14 section starts at 00:06:56).
Annual Reporting of Indicators 13 and 14
Gail Lott, EdD
Senior Consultant/Secondary Transition
Email Gail Lott
Phone: (303) 501-0347
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.