The Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board has developed the following models and tools for use by local education providers and institutions of higher education as their cooperative agreements, guidelines, applications and checklists for the Concurrent Enrollment and ASCENT programs.
- This overview of CE policy & example practices provide guidance, support and ideas for districts, schools, and institution of higher education looking to implement or grow their CE opportunities.
- House bill 15-1275 clarified that work-based learning opportunities, such as course work related to pre-apprenticeship progarms and internship programs may be included in CE programs.
- Technical assistance document from CDE's Exceptional Student Services Unit
Cooperative Agreements & Student Application Forms
Suggested models for agreements between local education providers and institutions of higher education for Concurrent Enrollment or ASCENT programs.
Suggested models for Concurrent Enrolment and ASCENT program student enrollment.
District and Student Level Checklists
Suggested checklists for school and district use in the application and enrollment process for the Concurrent Enrollment and ASCENT programs.
- Concurrent Enrollment District Checklist (PDF)
- Concurrent Enrollment Student Checklist (PDF)
- ASCENT Enrollment District Checklist (PDF)
- ASCENT Enrollment Student Checklist (PDF)
October Count Resource Guide
Guidelines for documentation needed and funding determinations for students participating in Concurrent Enrollment.
- 2015 October Count Resource Guide
- pgs 17-22 Concurrent Enrollment information
- Concurrent Enrollment Funding Determination Summary
- Concurrent Enrollment/ASCENT Attendance Guidance
- Attendance Form Examples (only required for students taking all courses off the high school campus)
- Click “Sample Attendance for Concurrent Enrollment/ASCENT”
- October Count Training Videos & PPTs
ASCENT Program Guidelines
Guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program as approved by the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board.
Frequently Asked Questions
CDE worked closely with the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board (CEAB) to provide clarified guidance by updating these Frequently Asked Questions.
- Concurrent Enrollment Programs FAQS (applicable to both CE and ASCENT)
Higher Education Concurrent Enrollment Resources
The Colorado Department of Higher Education provides information on Concurrent Enrollment specifically for institutions of higher education, as well as important information for districts, students, and parents on college course transferability and other higher education access and policy.
- DHE Concurrent Enrollment Information
- DHE Guaranteed Transfer and Guided Pathways
- Concurrent Enrollment Contacts at public institutions of higher education (updated Jan 2016)