About the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The primary responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board are:
- Establishing guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program.
- Advising and assisting local school education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements.
- Recommending improvements or changes to state policies to better accommodate concurrent enrollment programs.
- Providing recommendations and considerations on waiver provisions necessary for the success of the ASCENT program.
- Preparing and submitting a final report to the state board of education and the Commission on Higher Education, which includes the established administration guidelines and all above recommendations and improvements to advance ASCENT and other concurrent enrollment programs.
2014-2015 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
John Barry – Governor's appointment
John Barry is the CEO of VISTA Quest (Visionary Innovations Shaping the Transformation of Academia).
Heather Exby – DHE appointment
Heather Exby is the Director of Student Services at Colorado Mesa University.
Michael Gage – DHE appointment
Michael Gage is the Academic Advisory Director at Pueblo Community College.
Chelsy Harris – DHE appointment
Chelsy Harris is the director of high school programs at Pikes Peak Community College
Donald Keeley – CDE appointment
Don Keeley is the Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator at Aurora Public Schools.
Mimi Leonard – CTE appointment
Mimi Leonard works for Littleton Public Schools.
Tracey Lovett – Governor's appointment
Tracey Lovett works for the Daniel's Fund.
Richard Maestas – Governor's appointment
Richard Maestas works for the Community College of Aurora.
Gene M. Meier – DHE appointment
Gene Meir is the Associate Dean of Academic Pathways at Aims Community College.
Kelly Rosensweet – CDE appointment
Kelly Rosensweet is the Charter School Support Coordinator at the Colorado Department of Education.
Rick Sciacca – CDE appointment
Rick Sciacca works for the La Veta School District.
Scott Stump – CTE appointment
Scott Stump is dean of career & technical education for the Colorado Community College System.
Jill R. Toussaint - CDE appointment
Jill Toussaint is the Director of Academic Advising and Postsecondary Options at G.O.A.L. Academy.