About the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The primary responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board are:
- Establishing guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program.
- Advising and assisting local school education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements.
- Recommending improvements or changes to state policies to better accommodate concurrent enrollment programs.
- Providing recommendations and considerations on waiver provisions necessary for the success of the ASCENT program.
- Preparing and submitting a final report to the state board of education and the Commission on Higher Education, which includes the established administration guidelines and all above recommendations and improvements to advance ASCENT and other concurrent enrollment programs.
Seeking Nominations for CEAB Vacancy
CDE is seeking nominations for a vacancy on the CEAB with the term anticipated to begin in December 2015. This CEAB position will be appointed by the Commissioner of the Colorado Department of Education. Per the Concurrent Enrollment Programs Act, the appointee for this vacancy must represent a school district where a relatively low percentage of recent high school graduates have enrolled in institutions of higher education [C.R.S. 22-35-107 (2)]. Please click here for more information on the vacancy and the nomination process.
2015-2016 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
Susan Clough – Governor appointment
Susan Clough is the Vice President for Administration & Finance at Morgan Community College.
Heather Exby – DHE appointment
Heather Exby is the Dean of Colorado Mountain College, Roaring Fork Campus.
Michael Gage – DHE appointment
Michael Gage is the Academic Advisory Director at Pueblo Community College.
Sarah Heath – CTE appointment
Sarah Heath is Dean of Career & Technical Education for the Colorado Community College System.
Dan Hoff – Governor appointment
Dan Hoff is the Director of Career and Technical Education at Colorado Springs District 11.
Vacant – CDE appointment
Currently seeking nominations for a representative of a school district where a relatively low percentage of recent high school graduates have enrolled in institutions of higher education.
Mimi Leonard – CTE appointment
Mimi Leonard works for Littleton Public Schools.
Rebecca Fernandez Martinez– Governor appointment
Rebecca Fernandez Martinez is the Director of Strategic Partnerships at the Denver Scholarship Foundation.
Gene M. Meier – DHE appointment
Gene Meir is the Associate Dean of Academic Pathways at Aims Community College.
Kelly Rosensweet – CDE appointment
Kelly Rosensweet is the Charter School Support Coordinator at the Colorado Department of Education.
Rick Sciacca – CDE appointment
Rick Sciacca works for the La Veta School District.
Jill R. Toussaint - CDE appointment
Jill Toussaint is the Director of Academic Advising and Postsecondary Options at G.O.A.L. Academy.
Tammy Ward - DHE appointment
Tammy Ward is an Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at Community College of Aurora.