Laws & Regulations
Gifted Education is addressed in the Exceptional Children's Education Act (ECEA) in the Colorado Revised Statutes. The Colorado State Board of Education promulgates the rules for the implementation of statutes. The rules provide the administrative framework for schools and districts for the provision of services to gifted students.
This webpage is designed to locate important laws and regulations pertaining to Gifted Education.
- Accreditation - Colorado
- Colorado-Gifted Education Review (C-GER)
- Exceptional Children's Education Act (ECEA)
- ECEA Update July 2012 (PDF)
- The official version of the ECEA Rules can be located on the Secretary of State's website at: http://www.sos.state.co.us/CCR/
- ECEA Rules for Gifted Education (PDF)
- Gifted Education Guidelines (PDF) Chapter 3: Identification has been revised
- Revised Chapter 3: Identification (PDF) New!
- Administrative Unit Checklist (PDF)
- House Bill 1077 Informational Flyer (PDF)
Concurrent Enrollment (PDF)