Gifted Education is addressed in the Exceptional Children's Education Act (ECEA) in the Colorado Revised Statutes. The Colorado State Board of Education promulgates the rules for the implementation of statutes. The rules provide the administrative framework for schools and districts for the provision of services to gifted students.
This webpage is designed to locate important laws and regulations pertaining to Gifted Education.
- Colorado Rules for the Exceptional Children's Educational Act (ECEA) - Effective June 1, 2015
Gifted and Talented Student Programming, pg. 98
- HB 14-1182
- Gifted Education Guidelines 2nd Ed. (PDF)
- Colorado-Gifted Education Review (C-GER):
- ESSU Gifted Identification and Assessment Practices:
- House Bill 1077 Informational Flyer (PDF)
- Concurrent Enrollment: