You are here
Gifted Education State Advisory Committee (GE-SAC)
Jump to a section:
In 1984, the Colorado State Board of Education (SBE) created the Gifted Education State Advisory Committee (GE-SAC) to advise the SBE concerning all aspects of gifted student education. The GE-SAC was further codified into law in 2014 and is referenced in the Colorado Revised Statutes [C.R.S. 22-20-203(3)].
The Gifted Education State Advisory Committee (GE-SAC):
- Provides information to the State Board of Education concerning ongoing and emergent needs and issues related to the education of gifted students in Colorado such as:
- Issues relevant to gifted student learning and growth
- GE-SAC response to timely topics which may impact gifted students or families of gifted students
- Results of studies or research of issues related to gifted student education
- Recommendations to the SBE for improvements and advocacy in gifted student education
- Maintains Standing Committees that facilitate efficient and effective work practices: Communication, Legislative and Membership
- Retains and advocates for a diverse SAC membership that represents stakeholders from the 8 Congressional Districts, representing parents, educators, business, and students so that voices from stakeholders from across the state are heard and equitably considered
- Fosters participation that provides perspective, voice, inquiry and thinking toward influencing positive action and knowledge for gifted student education
The SBE appoints members to the GE-SAC on an annual basis for a three-year term. The GE-SAC meets 4-5 times per year, typically from 9 am - 3 pm, at a metro location. Subcommittees of GE-SAC may hold additional meetings by web or face-to-face. Members are reimbursed for travel costs.
For more information, please contact a GE-SAC member from your congressional district.
2023 - 2024 Scheduled Meetings and Approved Minutes:
October 16, 2023
December 11, 2023
February 12, 2024
May 13, 2024
July 15 - 16, 2024 Retreat
2024 - 2027 term vacancies
2022-2023 Quarterly Meetings
2021-2022 Quarterly Meetings
Note: If you are not able to access the resources or need additional support, please contact the Office of Gifted Education Program Administrator.