This page contains supports designed to assist in the development of standards based curriculum resources for reading, writing, communicating. Supportive resources are separated in two sections:
- Colorado's District Sample Curriculum Project
- Curriculum Design Tools available on our Standards Implementation Toolkit
This fall, over 500 Colorado educators, representing 61 school districts, participated in curriculum design workshops that resulted in the creation of 670 curriculum samples based on the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS). Utilizing a Colorado-designed and refined template, the samples provide organizing structures for addressing the grade-level expectations (GLEs), evidence outcomes (EOs) and 21st Century Skills that build students' mastery of the standards at each grade level. As voluntary resources for districts, the samples:
- Represent the translation of the CAS into unit overviews for all (10) content areas, grades k-12
- Illuminate possibilities for sequencing grade-level and content-specific standards across courses/years
- Offer one possible foundation for exploring standards-based unit and lesson-plan development
For website assistance in Reading, Writing, and Communicating, please contact Vince Puzick.