Teacher-Authored Instructional Unit Samples
For the past 6 months, the content specialists in the Standards and Instructional Support office have been working with educators across the state to create instructional units based on the curriculum overview samples published last year. These teacher-authored units include learning experiences, teacher and student resources, assessment ideas, and differentiation options.
Utilizing a Colorado-designed and refined template, the unit samples provide educators with examples of unit creation at every grade and content area of the Colorado Academic Standards. As voluntary resources for districts, the samples:
- Represent the work of teams of general education, special education, ELL, and gifted and talented educators/specialists to plan for the instruction of all students
- Offer locally-created examples of instructional units that truly reflect the diversity of Colorado schools/districts
The Colorado Instructional Unit Samples were written by and for Colorado educators as a way to understand and translate the Colorado Academic Standards-based curriculum overviews into instructional units. Users of the samples should feel free to copy, distribute and transmit the samples and to adapt them to fit their needs. Please honor the work of the Colorado educators that created these samples by providing them attribution. These samples were not intended for commercial purposes.
Users can access the instructional units initially organized by content area or grade level through the appropriate links below.
Questions related to Colorado's District Sample Curriculum Project should be directed to Brian Sevier.
Tell us what you think:
- Complete this short survey to:
- Provide feedback
- Advocate for the next phase of the project
- Request support
- Sign up for email updates