You are here
Computer Science Grants for Teachers Program
Application Window Now Closed: The Colorado Computer Science Teacher Education Grant
This grant's purpose is to promote the postsecondary education of eligible teachers who teach or wish to teach computer science in K-12 Education. Computer science has the potential to open doors for Colorado students to engage in learning and prepare them for a bright future. Thanks to a collaboration between the Colorado State Legislature and the Colorado State Board of Education, an appropriation of approximately $402,656 was provided to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) to administer. The grant program is a competitive process for computer science teacher professional development during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Intent to Apply (encouraged, but not required) - due Friday, November 10, 2023, 5:00 PM
- Completed applications must be submitted through the NEW online application system, GAINS, by Friday, November 17, 2023, by 4:59 pm.
- Note: There will be two webinar training sessions for this new grant application platform. These trainings will be recorded and posted on the CDE website if you are unable to attend!
- Competitive grant awards will be distributed to LEPs, including school districts, BOCES, and district charter schools or Institute Charter Schools.
- Funding for this grant program will be awarded in the 2023-2024 fiscal year with approximately $402,656 for district-determined computer science professional development for the 2023-2024 fiscal year.
- Grants will be awarded for a five-month term beginning in February 2024 of the 2023-2024 fiscal year.
- Funds must be expended by June 30, 2024.
- There will be no carryover of funds.
- Required reporting due on or before September 30, 2024
CDE will administer the grant program and distribute grant funds through a competitive process to fund the professional development tuition, fees, and/or training program costs, and/or professional development books and/or materials for the teacher(s) receiving training.
A Local Education Provider that receives a grant under the program shall use the monies to:
- Fund postsecondary coursework or training that enables a teacher or teachers to teach computer science, including concurrent enrollment courses in computer science or Advanced Placement computer science, at coursework or training that applies toward the completion of a degree or industry-recognized certificate in computer science, the completion of a high quality training program, or the mastery of a teaching content area in computer science
- Fund high-quality training programs to be offered to teachers in the district that enable the teachers to teach computer science courses
- To cover the cost of the professional development activities that the applicant intends to pursue using the grant funds
Link to CSed Grant Application | Computer Science Grant RFA 2023-2024 | Grant Program and System Walkthrough Video
Previous Grant Awards
- FY 2022-2023
- FY 2021-2022
- FY 2020-2021
- FY 2019 Grant Awards (DOC)
- Spring 2019 – Option 1 Awards (DOC)
- Spring 2019 – Option 2 Awards (DOC)
- Fall 2018 Awards (DOC)
- FY 2017 Grant Cycle 1 Awards (DOC)
- FY 2017 Grant Cycle 2 Awards (DOC)
- 2023 Legislative Report
- 2022 Legislative Report
- 2021 Legislative Report
- 2020 Legislative Report
- 2019 Legislative Report
- 2018 Legislative Report.
If you would like information about the CSEd grant or have questions please contact Pam Lewis at email@example.com or 720-576-4622