You are here
Information for Families of Children and Youth with a Visual Impairment
- Family Centered Practices(CEC DVI Position Paper) (PDF)
- Specialized Services for Children Birth to Three: Clarifying Colorado Part C System Procedures for Children with Sensory Disabilities, April 2004 (PDF) and the Vision and Hearing Memo dated October 31, 2007 (PDF)
- CDE Sponsors the Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP) Conferences , which are family centered conferences designed to offer support, information, and education to parents and professionals.
- The Educational Rights of Parents (English) and Derechos Educacionales de los Padres (en Español)
Websites for Parents of Children with Disabilities, Including Visual Impairment
- Family Connect for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
- National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
- National Federation of the Blind's National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
- Parent to Parent of Colorado
- PEAK Parent Center in Colorado
For more information on Guidelines and Support Documents for Visual Impairment including Blindness, please contact:
Tanni Anthony, Blindness/Low Vision Specialist
Email Tanni Anthony
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.