Mission: Supporting and Promoting the connection between health and academic achievement.
Welcome to the CDE School Nursing and Health Services web pages. The following resources are available to support your practice and give you assistance in obtaining additional resources.
- What's New!
- Training Opportunities
School Nurse Training Tools
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Medication Administration
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- Health & Wellness
- Training Resources
- State and National
School Health Office Management
- Organization of Services
- School Health Manual
- Fast Facts
- Students in Need
- Related Services & Department
School Health Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Early Childhood
- Emergency Care/Disaster Planning
- Student Safety
- Health Care Plans
- Mental Health
Professional School Nursing
- School Nursing Practice
- School Nurse Licensure
- Mentor Program
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Documentation & Confidentiality
- Rules & Regulations
- Special Education/504
- Medicaid School Health Program
- Special Procedure
- Board of Nursing Laws, Rules and Policies
- Buccal Clonazepam
- VNS Magnet
- Intranasal Midazolam
- Buccal Midazolam
Step Up & Be Counted
- Colorado Department of Education
- Regional Nurses
A variety of school nursing practices exist in Colorado: single school site, multiple school responsibilities, contracted services and nurse consultant models. These web pages were carefully developed with diverse practice and environments in mind such as urban, rural and frontier school districts, private and public.
To support your school nursing practice and professional growth, please consider the following:
- Familiarize yourself with your district and school policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Become knowledgeable regarding state and federal regulations and resources pertaining to health-related educational issues.
- Communicate with your nursing supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Utilize your professional network and support opportunities such as local school nurse peers and mentors, statewide school nursing colleagues via the CDE School Nurse Listserve, the CDE website, local/state health departments, professional organizations and the CDE Principal Consultant School Health Services.