You are here
School Nursing and Health
About School Nursing
Mission: Supporting and Promoting the connection between health and academic achievement.
Welcome to the CDE School Nursing and Health Services web pages. The following resources are available to support your practice and give you assistance in obtaining additional resources.
News and Announcements
- 2023-2024 Professional Development Calendar for School Nurses is posted on our Professional Development Page
- Introduction to Colorado School Nursing On-Demand Course on our Professional Development Page
- Job posting link & School Nurse Recognition & Recruitment Communications Toolkit on our School Nurse Workforce Grant Page
- CDE Professional License Renewal (on or after 6/30/2025): Special Education and Behavioral Health Licensure Renewal Requirements will be required for professional license renewals on or after June 30, 2025. For questions about the legislation related to Special Education/Behavioral Health training, email the Educator Development Office.
Can't find something? Try the green A-Z Topic Index button above.
- Medication Administration & Training Guidance
- Procedure Delegation Tools
- Emergency Guidelines for Schools
- CPR/ AED/ First Aid Information
- Standard Precautions Online Course
- Common Chronic Conditions Training
- School Bus/ Field Trip/ Transportation
- Asthma Course for UAPs
- Allergy Certified Training
- Health and Wellness Resources
Community and State Partners
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (exiting CDE)
- Colorado Health and Human Services (exiting CDE)
- School Safety Resource Center (exiting CDE)
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (exiting CDE)
- Colorado Education Initiative (exiting CDE)
- Healthy Child Care Colorado (exiting CDE)
Connections Across CDE
A variety of school nursing practices exist in Colorado: single school site, multiple school responsibilities, contracted services and nurse consultant models. These web pages were carefully developed with diverse practice and environments in mind such as urban, rural and frontier school districts, private and public.
To support your school nursing practice and professional growth, please consider the following:
- Familiarize yourself with your district and school policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Become knowledgeable regarding state and federal regulations and resources pertaining to health-related educational issues.
- Communicate with your nursing supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Utilize your professional network and support opportunities such as local school nurse peers and mentors, statewide school nursing colleagues via the CDE School Nurse Listserv, the CDE website, local/state health departments, professional organizations and the CDE Principal Consultant School Health Services.
Find what you were looking for?
If you find broken links or have difficulty accessing content, please contact Anita Brodecky.