You are here
Committees and Networks
Gifted Education State Advisory Committee (GE-SAC)
In 1984, the Colorado State Board of Education (SBE) created the Gifted Education State Advisory Committee (GE-SAC) to advise the SBE concerning all aspects of gifted education.
The GE-SAC was further codified into law in 2014 and is referenced in the Colorado Revised Statutes [C.R.S. 22-20-203(3)].
Gifted Education Regional Network System
Colorado is divided into ten regions in order to provide systems of local support for gifted education. Each designated region in Colorado has a Gifted Education Regional Consultant (GERC) who provides technical assistance to administrative unit (AU) Gifted Education Directors/Coordinators, facilitates networking meetings, provides professional learning opportunities, and supports local gifted initiatives.
- Provide funds for a gifted education regional consultant who will facilitate a specific regional AU network
- Provide selected professional development experiences coordinated with the regional AU directors/coordinators to increase capacity of educators to identify and program for students with exceptional potential
- Provide support, consultation, and technical assistance to AU gifted directors and coordinators
- Foster collaboration and sharing of resources among AU directors/coordinators for implementing program plans and accountability practices
- Provide the alignment, common resources, and consistency of the State’s provisions for gifted education through GERC participation in statewide reviews, resource development efforts, and GERC meetings
- Facilitate and/or provide opportunities for gifted students and/or parents aligned to regional needs
Gifted Education Forum
The Gifted Education Forum consists of gifted educators who represent their region of Colorado. The membership includes 1) one AU Director/Coordinator from each region, 2) Gifted Education Regional Consultant from each region, and 3) Colorado Department of Education staff. This group meets 4-5 times a year to collaborate and give feedback on issues pertaining to the direction of Gifted Education.
- Facilitate two-way communication between The Office of Gifted Education and regional gifted education leaders;
- Provide reports on regional challenges and celebrations in gifted education;
- Provide input to the agendas for Gifted Education Directors' meetings and statewide professional learning; and
- Support integration and implementation of statewide gifted education initiatives.
Associations & Organizations
Click to view a list of Gifted Education Associations and Organizations
Note: If you are not able to access the resources or need additional support, please contact the Office of Gifted Education Program Administrator
Connect With Us