You are here
School Accreditation and Request to Reconsider
Each year, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) calculates and publishes District Performance Framework reports (DPFs), which determine district accreditation ratings. The department also produces School Performance Framework reports (SPFs) for schools, which determine school plan types. In Colorado, the State Board of Education is responsible for accrediting districts and districts are responsible for accrediting their schools. Districts have the opportunity to review the state identified district or school rating from the DPF or SPF. If the district disagrees with the initial rating, then additional performance data may be submitted to CDE through the request to reconsider process.
Request to Reconsider in 2022.
On December 14, 2022, the state board finalized the transitional performance frameworks for all schools and districts that participated in request to reconsider. The board approved improved district accreditation ratings for 5 districts and improved plan types for 92 schools. View the 2022 Request to Reconsider Decisions Summary.
Request to Reconsider in 2023.
The request to reconsider process begins with the release of performance frameworks in late August. 2023 Accreditation and Request to Reconsider Guidance (DOC) and (PDF) is available now.
2023 Accreditation and Request to Reconsider Process
- Accreditation Forms must be submitted in the Accreditation Portal by September 22, 2023.
- Request to reconsider materials must be submitted in the Accreditation Changes tab in the Accreditation Portal by October 16, 2023.
- Ratings will be finalized by the State Board of Education in November for all schools and districts not participating in request to reconsider and December for request to reconsider sites.
- District accreditation contracts are due December 31, 2023. For districts that are Accredited or Accredited with Distinction, contracts must be signed at least every five years, for all other districts, contracts are signed annually. To access additional information about district accreditation, including current accreditation contracts, go to: https://www.cde.state.co.us/accountability/districtaccreditation.
Accreditation Portal and Submitting the Accreditation Form
Resources and Support
Body of Evidence Tools
Local Assessment Tool - August 2023
Matriculation Data Request Template - August 2023
District Narrative Examples/Templates
District with a Closed School Template - August 2023
Change to Insufficient State Data Template - August 2023
Grade Reconfiguration Template - August 2023
- 2023 Accreditation and Request to Reconsider Informational Webinar - This webinar provides an informational walkthrough of the accreditation and request to reconsider process in 2023.
- Accreditation and Request to Reconsider Office Hours - If a district would like individualized assistance from CDE, office hours are available until the accreditation and request to reconsider process concludes.
- Date/Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Beginning August 17 and ending October 12, 3:00-4:00pm
- Registration: Zoom Sign-Up Link
Prior Request to Reconsider Decisions and Archive Resources
Click here to view the archive of prior year decisions and resources.
For more information, please contact Aislinn Wales at email@example.com