You are here
HITP Grants Info & Application Page
High-Impact Tutoring Program Grants
The HITP exists to provide grants to local education providers to implement high-impact tutoring programs prioritizing rural, low-income or underserved students to address student learning loss or unfinished learning resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Colorado Department of Education is now accepting applications from local education providers for the High-Impact Tutoring Program Grant.
- A School District;
- A non-charter school may not submit a standalone application outside of their district.
- A Board of Cooperative Services (BOCES);
- A Charter School authorized by a School District;
- A Charter School authorized by the Charter School Institute;
- A Facility School; or
- The Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind
Priority Considerations Data
Where available, CDE has compiled data around the priority considerations to best support LEPs with the submission process. The compiled data is available here.
Funding Request Limits:
LEPs are invited to submit applications that budget up to a maximum of $2,200 per student served by the program per full school year. This maximum is based on ensuring that all students experience a tutoring program meeting all the elements of research-based, high-quality, high-impact tutoring programs. CDE expects that the cost per student served during the 2021-2022 school year will be below this amount due to the timing of this grant. For complete details, download the HITP Request for Applications document.
Timeline 2023-24 Applicants:
- January 6, 2023: Request for Applications and online application published.
- February 1, 2023: Application Information Webinar 3:00pm. Registration required.
- February 15, 2023: Intent to Apply deadline.
- March 1, 2023: Applications due to CDE by 11:59pm via the online application form.
- March - April, 2023: Applications will be reviewed and funding recommendations made.
- April 5, 2023: Applicants will be notified of initial award status.
- April 14, 2023: Applicant revisions deadline.
- May 1, 2023: Applicants will be notified of final award approval.
- June 30, 2024: Fiscal deadline.
- July 31, 2024: Final reporting deadline.
Timeline 2021-22 Applicants:
- October 6, 2021: Request for Applications and online application released.
- October 14, 2021: Application Information Webinar 3:00pm. Presentation (PDF)
- October 22, 2021: Deadline for Intent to Apply.
- November 10, 2021: Applications due to CDE by 11:59pm via the online application form.
- November 12 - 30, 2021: Applications will be reviewed and funding recommendations made.
- December 3, 2021: Applicants will be notified of initial award status.
- December 3-17, 2021: Applicant revisions.
- December 17, 2021: Applicants will be notified of final award approval.
- June 30, 2022: Year One fiscal deadline.
- August 31, 2022: Year One reporting deadline.
- July 1, 2023: Year Two reporting deadline.
Connect With Us