Thank you to the Colorado Workforce Development Council for their generous support
Work Group Objectives
- Identify opportunities, challenges, and best/promising practices.
- Develop implementation recommendations.
- Explore and outline resources and tools.
- Align skills, abilities, and knowledge that are valued by business, industry, and higher education.
- Outline systematic pathways for students to explore and develop these skills.
- Identify stakeholder connections and messages.
- Maintain a written record of implementation recommendations, tools and resources, best/promising practices, and relevant discussions
Work Group Members
- Michael Bautista, MPB & Associates
- Tara Bell, CCCS
- Joan Bludron, Boulder Valley School District
- Michelle Camacho Liu, CDE
- Rob Daugherty, James Irwin Charter Schools
- Chris Dewhurst, CDLE
- Scott Fast, Accenture
- Fred Franko, CDLE
- Kathy Hanson, Poudre School District
- Elise Hauer, Vantage Point High School
- Sarah Heath, Jefferson County Schools
- Tim Heaton, Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Association
- Amanda Hildebrandt, College in Colorado
- Jennifer Hill, Rangely RE-4 Schools
- Debra Hodson, Goal Academy
- Rebecca Holmes, CDE
- Jennifer Jirous, CCCS
- Maragert Kirckpatrick, CDE
- Kevin Kleckler, Hayden School District
- Mimi Leonard, Littleton Public Schools
- Jennifer Nguyen, Emily Griffith Technical College
- Wendy Nkomo, Colorado Technology Association
- Mel Otero, Pueblo District 70
- Matt Pickering, ACT
- Patrick Pratt, Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry
- MaryAnn Roe, Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Joe Saboe, Denver Public Schools
- Rick Sciacca, La Veta School District
- Jay Seller, Think 360 Arts
- Scott Stump, CCCS
- Meaghan Sullivan, Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain Inc.
- Lauren Victor, Department of Higher Education
- Hillary Wimmer, Mountain Range High School
- Mike Womochil, CCCS
- Randy Zila, Centennial BOCES
Work Group Timeline
- 1st Meeting: February 7th, 2014, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Antlers Hilton Hotel, 4 S. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, 80903
- 2nd Meeting: March 13th, 2014, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, virtual
- 3rd Meeting: May 30th, 2014, 9:00am - 2:00pm, CCCS System Offices
- 4th Meeting: July 9th, 2014, 9:00am - 2:00pm, Jefferson County School District
- 5th Meeting: August 25th, 2014, 3:00pm - 4:00pm, virtual
- 6th Meeting: September 24th, 2014, 9:00am - 1:00pm, Emily Griffith Technical College
- 7th Meeting: Oct/Nov 2014
For More Information
Please send questions or requests for more information to: Misti Ruthven