Thank you to College In Colorado for their generous support of this work group
Work Group Objectives
- Identify opportunities, challenges, and best/promising practices.
- Develop implementation recommendations.
- Explore and outline resources and tools.
- Align skills, abilities, and knowledge that are valued by business, industry, and higher education.
- Outline systematic pathways for students to explore and develop these skills.
- Identify stakeholder connections and messages.
- Maintain a written record of implementation recommendations, tools and resources, best/promising practices, and relevant discussions
Work Group Members
- Brenda Bautsch, Department of Higher Education
- Natalie Bertrand, San Juan BOCES
- Alan Davis, University of Colorado - Denver
- Lucia Delgado, TRIO Colorado State University
- Tammy Dodson, Grand View High School
- Scott Fast, Accenture
- Sam Haviland, Denver Public Schools
- Darcy Hutchins, Family Partnership Director
- Lauren Jones, CCCS
- Tammy Lawrence, Horizon High School
- Tyra Little, District 49
- Lydia Nava-Cordova, Roosvelt High School
- Barbara Norrborn, Skyline High School
- Robin O'Meara, Summit School District
- Joanna Peters, The Classical Academy
- Julia Pirnack, College in Colordao
- Sonya Sallack, Mesa District 51
- Michael Stelling, Silver Creek High School
- Roberta Thimming, School District 27J
- Tami Thompson, Salida High School
- Tracy Thompson, CCCS
- Andrew Tucker, Boulder Valley School District
- Niki Weitzel, Loveland High School
- Jon Widmier, Jeffco Public Schools
Work Group Timeline
- 1st Meeting: November 15th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Daniels Fund, Denver
- 2nd Meeting: December 12th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Daniels Fund, Denver
- 3rd Meeting: January 17th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Aims CC, Fort Lupton
- 4th Meeting: February 28th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Front Range Community College
- 5th Meeting: April 18th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Auraria Campus, Denver
- 6th Meeting: May 9th, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Colorado Mountain College, Avon
- Draft Deliverables: Summer 2014
January 2014 Meeting Resources
December 2013 Meeting Resources
For More Information
Please send questions or requests for more information to: Misti Ruthven