Work Group Objectives
- Identify opportunities, challenges, and best/promising practices.
- Develop implementation recommendations.
- Explore and outline resources and tools.
- Align skills, abilities, and knowledge that are valued by business, industry, and higher education.
- Outline systematic pathways for students to explore and develop these skills.
- Identify stakeholder connections and messages.
- Maintain a written record of implementation recommendations, tools and resources, best/promising practices, and relevant discussions
Work Group Members
- Celeste Archer, Colorado Governor's School
- Kendra Black, University of Colorado Denver
- Ron Cabrera, Boulder Valley School District
- Cindy Cowan, Rocky Fordy High School
- Ryan Frink, Grand Valley High School
- Marty Lamansky, Steamboat Springs School District
- Lisa Martin, Department of Corrections
- Robert McMullen, Frontier High School
- Gretchen Morgan, CDE
- Deirde Pilch, Boulder Valley School District
- Kirk Quitter, Boulder Valley School District
- Paul Reich, Telluride Schools
- Karin Reynolds, Academy 20
- Deb Spencely, Elizabeth School District
- Gully Stanford, College in Colorado
- Paula Stephenson, Rural Caucus
- Tami Thompson, Salida High School
- Matthew Thompson, Weld County School District
- Jenn Venerable, Junior Achievement
- Catherine Wilson, University of Colorado - Denver
Work Group Timeline
- 1st Meeting: January 2014
- 2nd Meeting: Feburary 2014
- 3rd Meeting: April 2014
- 4th Meeting: May 2014
- Draft Deliverables: Fall 2014
- Research and Materials Distributed: December 2013
*Please note: Meeting dates and locations will be updated in late December. Most meetings will convene from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Graduation Guidelines Portfolio and Capstone Advisory Group (PDF)
- May 6 Meeting PowerPoint (PDF)
- June 5 Meeting PowerPoint (PDF)
For More Information
Please send questions or requests for more information to: Misti Ruthven