Work Group Summary
Work Group Draft Implementation Guidebook
Work Group Objectives
- Identify opportunities, challenges, and best/promising practices.
- Develop implementation recommendations.
- Explore and outline resources and tools.
- Align skills, abilities, and knowledge that are valued by business, industry, and higher education.
- Outline systematic pathways for students to explore and develop these skills.
- Identify stakeholder connections and messages.
- Maintain a written record of implementation recommendations, tools and resources, best/promising practices, and relevant discussions
Work Group Members
- Celeste, Archer, Colorado Governor's School
- Kendra, Black, State Coordinator for History Day
- Cody, Buchanan, Colorado Department of Education
- Ron, Cabrera, Boulder Valley School District
- Katherine, Casey, Denver Public Schools
- Cindy, Cowan, Rocky Ford High School
- Ryan, Frink, Grand Valley High School
- Marty, Lamansky, Steamboat Springs School District
- Lisa, Martin, Division of Youth Corrections
- Robert, McMullen, Frontier High School
- Gretchen , Morgan, CDE, Facilitator
- Laura , Noonan, Colorado Department of Education
- Deirdre, Pilch, Boulder Valley
- Kirk, Quitter, Principal
- Paul, Reich, Telluride Schools
- Karin, Reynolds, Academy School District 20
- Deb, Spencely, Elizabeth School District
- Gully, Stanford, College In Colorado
- Alisha, Stanton, University of Denver
- Paula, Stephenson, Rural Caucus
- Matthew, Thompson, Weld Central High School
- Tami, Thompson, Salida High School
- Lisa, Tyrrell, Asia Society’s International Studies Schools Network
- Jenn, Venerable, Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain
- Brandon, Wiley, Asia Society’s International Studies Schools Network
- Catherine, Wilson, University of Colorado – Denver
Work Group Timeline
- 1st Meeting: January 2014
- 2nd Meeting: Feburary 2014
- 3rd Meeting: April 2014
- 4th Meeting: May 2014
- Draft Deliverables: Fall 2014
- Research and Materials Distributed: December 2013
- Graduation Guidelines Portfolio and Capstone Advisory Group (PDF)
- May 6 Meeting PowerPoint (PDF)
- June 5 Meeting PowerPoint (PDF)
For More Information
Please send questions or requests for more information to:Robin Russel