The New 2014 GED
As of January 2nd, 2014 there is a new GED in Colorado. Colorado uses GED to issue High School Equivalency Diplomas, and with the 2014 GED aligned to more rigorous standards, having this diploma will reflect student's readiness for postsecondary education and the workforce.
- The 2014 GED will be taken exclusively on the computer.
- The test will continue to be taken in-person at approved testing centers, not online.
- The 2014 GED is aligned with new state standards, so those that pass demonstrate they meet rigorous standards of high school completion and college and career readiness.
- Test takers will get their scores reported back the same day they test, within 3 hours of completion.
- Scores will provide detailed personalized feedback on specific skills that can be improved for a higher score, and targeted study recommendations.
- The 2014 GED will focus on critical thinking and problem solving skills, testing 4 content areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
- Students can register, schedule and pay for only those parts of the test they are ready to take.
Professional Development Monthly Advisory and Planner (PD MAP)
This PD MAP focuses on professional development resources that are available now to help program directors, teachers and learners with the transition to the 2014 GED Test.