The purpose of the PSAT10 / SAT Student Biographical Data (SBD) review is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data for each student participating in the PSAT 10 / SAT assessment. The review process takes place after the test window has closed. Most demographic variables were not collected by College Board this year and need to be added by CDE for our state and federal reporting requirements. These variables will be pulled from the Student Interchange and SBD is an opportunity to ensure that the interchange data is accurate for these students. At this time, SBD is also the only way to report test invalidations.
The SBD review is not currently a mandatory process. Districts can choose to participate or to not participate in the SBD process. State and Federal accountability reporting (including school and district performance framework ratings, Title III AMAOs, and priority and focus school designations) all rely on accurate demographic and test score data. Therefore, the impact of the SBD review of demographic data on accountability reporting is profound. Districts should be aware that performance framework requests for reconsideration or AMAO appeals will only be considered for districts which participate in the SBD process.
Pre-Coded Labels Extract
The Pre-coded Labels extract reduces the need for schools and districts to fill in data grids on test booklets. Pre-coded label extracts are generated from data collected for the Student October Pupil Enrollment collection. CDE provides a file directly to the vendor, then the vendor uses this data to print labels that districts can attach to test booklets during the test administration window. Districts have a chance to review the data from this extract during the Student Biographical Data (SBD) Review window.
- The PSAT 10 / SAT SBD review window for the 2017-2018 school year is Thursday, May 17, 2018 - Thursday, May 24, 2017
- Assessment Calendar
File Layout And Definitions
- 2016-2017 PSAT Student Biographical Data (SBD) File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 4/10/2017)
- 2016-2017 PSAT SBD Business Rules (XLSX) (updated 5/15/2017)
- 2016-2017 PSAT SBD Failsafe Template (XLSX) (updated 5/15/2017)
- Definition of Continuous Enrollment (PDF) (updated 2/16/2017)
- 2016-17 PSAT High School Code Crosswalk Table (XLSX) (updated 5/15/2017)
Contact : Melissa Mincic email@example.com