You are here
CMAS Math, ELA, CSLA, Science and Social Studies; CoAlt Science and Social Studies SBD
The purpose of the CMAS/CoAlt: Science and Social Studies, English Language Arts and Mathematics, and CSLA Student Biographical Data (SBD) review is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data submitted for each student participating in each of these assessments. The review process takes place after the test window has closed and before all assessments have been scored and final results made available.
The SBD review is not currently a mandatory process. Districts can choose to participate or to not participate in the SBD process. State and Federal accountability reporting (including school and district performance framework ratings, Title III AMAOs, and priority and focus school designations) all rely on accurate demographic and test score data. Therefore, the impact of the SBD review of demographic data on accountability reporting is profound. Districts should be aware that performance framework requests for reconsideration or AMAO appeals will only be considered for districts which participate in the SBD process.
- The CMAS SBD review window for the 2018-2019 school year is Monday, May 20, 2019 - Thursday, May 30, 2019
File Layout and Definitions
- 2018-2019 CMAS Student Biographical Data (SBD) File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 4/25/2019)
- CMAS SBD Training (PPTX) (posted 05/20/2019)
- 2018-2019 Assessment Unit Data Pipeline Manual for SBD (updated 3/18/2019)
- 2019 SBD Review Training PowerPoint (posted 3/18/2019)
- Definition of Continuous Enrollment (DOCX) (updated 2/16/2017)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 720-696-0185