You are here
Designated Agency Data Collection
Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statute 22-2-112(q), the Colorado Department of Education is directed to collaborate with the Colorado Department of Higher Education to prepare an annual report on the effectiveness of educator preparation programs, which include higher education institutions and alternative educator preparation programs. The Colorado Department of Education shall work cooperatively with each alternative educator preparation program to collect candidate data that are required to fulfill CRS 22-2-112(q).
This website contains resources concerning the data collection.
Notes: Before proceeding with the data upload, please carefully review the file layout requirements. Also, download and have handy the designated agency and endorsement code book.
The Designated Agency Data Collection for 2023-2024 opens December 1, 2023 and closes August 30, 2024.
File Layout and Definitions
- Designated Agency and Endorsement Codes (coming soon)
- 2023-2024 Designated Agency Data Collection File Layout (PDF) (posted 11/20/2023)
- Pipeline only accepts file extensions of: csv txt xls xlsx
- You need a header row (in first row)
- Pipeline only accepts field delimiters of: , | ~
- Include leading zeros (0) for required fields (for instance 01, 02, 03, or 04 for gender)
- Designated Agency Collection Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 11/20/2023)
Use the following template to facilitate data upload.
- Designated Agency Data Upload Template (XLSX) (posted 11/20/2023)
- DADC Data Submission Instructions (PDF) (posted 11/20/2023)
- Please contact Research and Impact to get set up with a login credential.
Contact: Research and Impact (EdTalentResearch@cde.state.co.us) for any questions concerning the data collection or issues with data upload.