The office of Migrant Education collects data related to services, student achievement, and family mobility. This data is gathered to promote program effectiveness and improvement. The Migrant Education Programs (MEP) has developed policies related to data privacy, confidentiality, and security practices. It also includes specific information to guide MEP programs with data integration and data sharing. MEP programs must follow the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Colorado privacy laws (in section 22-1-123, C.R.S.) when disclosing personally identifiable student information (PII).
Data Privacy Law
During this year’s legislative session, a new Colorado Data Privacy Law passed that will impact a majority of us at CDE. The law has some aspects that must be implemented by August 10th. This law has significant impacts on Colorado districts. The law defines PII more broadly and includes information that, alone or in combination, could identify an individual. For more information regarding data privacy visit CDE's Data Privacy and Security page.
- Data Management Training Dates 2016-17 (PDF)
- Data Management Timeline SY 2015-16 (PDF)
- MEP Service Matrix 2016-17 (PDF)
- MSIX User Application Form (PDF)
- NGS Oath Form: Write User (PDF) – Full Write access for those users who will be updating and adding records.
- NGS Oath Form: Read Only (PDF) – Read Only access for those users who complete student searches.
- 2016-17 Metro School Codes (PDF)
- 2016-17 Northern School Codes (PDF)
- 2016-17 Southeast School Codes (PDF)
- 2016-17 Southwest School Codes (PDF)
- 2016-17 West Central School Codes (PDF)