You are here
Getting to know the 2020 CAS/NGSS
Learning Modules to Support Learning
- California Academy of Sciences - Understanding NGSS modules - includes facilitators guides and has overviews of the structure, practices, disciplinary core ideas, and crosscutting concepts.
Webinars to support Learning
- Carnegie and NSTA Webinars - fabulous NGSS webinar series on 1) selecting and using phenomena, 2) modeling, 3) student discourse, and 4) unit storylines.
- NSTA Archive of NGSS Webinars - includes specific webinars for K-5, all practices, all crosscutting concepts, big ideas of science, assessment, engineering, and more!
- NSTA Professional Learning page - further learning resources on the NGSS
- Bozeman Science, Paul Andersen - short videos on LOTS of aspects of NGSS, plus other great resources
Videos to Support Learning
- Ambitious Science Teaching - classroom videos plus their site includes a variety of resources and classroom tools on designing lessons, dialogue, and modeling
- NSTA Video Listing - includes classroom videos and more general videos on the NGSS
- Teaching Channel - has classroom videos and NGSS overview videos, but you have to dig (search NGSS and a grade level). There is also a special series of four NGSS-related videos: