You are here
Educator Licensing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These FAQs are designed to assist you in finding answers to your Licensing questions.
All educators seeking licensure in Colorado are required to be fingerprint background checked and must submit an application based on the type of credential being sought. All Educator Licensing applications are located within the eLicensing system. Be aware that there is a non-refundable application processing fee associated with each application being submitted to Educator Licensing for evaluation.
All school districts have access to check the status of a candidate's license.
Any correspondence you send to the Educator Licensing office, letters or email, should include your date of birth for proper identification in retrieving your records.
- First Time/Initial Applicant (In-State)
- First Time/Initial Applicant (Out-of-State)
- Added Endorsement
- Initial to Professional
- Interim Authorization
- Professional License
- Renewing an Expired License
- Spouses of Active Military Personnel
- Substitute Authorization
- Alternative Teacher License
- Alternative Principal License
- Inactivate/Reactivate License
- Request Duplicate License
- Name Changes
- Verification of Licensure Status
- Request Archived Records
- Reciprocity and Interim Authorizations
- Special Service Provider Endorsement Requirements
- CLD and LDE Clarification
For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator.
For questions, submit a Licensing Support Request form or call 720-739-3304 (7:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday).