In addition to fulfilling a technical assistance requirement for our Colorado Charter School Program grant recipient schools, the Administrator Mentoring Cohort (AMC) is an induction program for charter school administrators. Charter school leaders who successfully complete the AMC induction program will be recommended for professional principal's licensure.
The AMC program utilizes the text Leverage Leadership, A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools, by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo, to identify specific core ideas for charter leaders that directly support the following three goals:
- To provide charter leaders in start-up schools with quality support as they get their schools off the ground.
- For CCSP grant recipients-the AMC fulfills leadership mentoring Technical Assistance requirements of the grant.
- To offer charter school leaders a 2 year induction program to validate their initial principal license in a way that is specifically designed to meet the unique needs and demands of the charter sector. Note: In order to be eligible for this induction program, school leaders must already hold their initial principal license and be working with an AMC affiliated mentor.
Additionally, The Colorado School Support Initiative (CSSI) Standards of quality charter schools are embedded into the AMC trainings. CSSI mirrors the Colorado Title I School Support evaluation process and CDE’s School Quality rubric. Specially trained teams of education experts provide schools a comprehensive evaluation based on The Standards-Based Teaching/Learning Cycle (second edition) research basis and the Colorado Standards and Indicators for Continuous School Improvement. For charter schools, CDE has added a 9th standard covering board leadership and a 10th standard addressing charter school financial practices. CCSP sub-grantees are required to participate in a CSSI site visit during their third in the grant program. The purpose of engaging in this process is to set a course for self-improvement in the early years of development. The CSSI process begins with an intensive three day site visit, after which the school receives a detailed report based on the rubric, with recommendations for research-based steps to improve school performance.
View the breakdown of the AMC structure and related program fees. The requirements for successful completion of the AMC program, including induction are outlined in the 2014-15 Mentee Agreement.
Please note that charter leaders do not need to be in the Colorado Charter School Program (CCSP) grant program or pursuing induction to be eligible to participate in the AMC Induction Program. All are welcome!
Upcoming AMC Training Dates
Event dates and registration information can always be found on our Charter School Events page. This information is updated regularly as event locations are determined. Below are the tentative dates for the 2015-16 AMC season. Trainings run from 8:30am-1:45pm. Following each AMC training, mentees are encouraged to stay and meet with their mentor until 3pm to fulfill mentoring hours.
Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 from 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 from 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 from 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 from 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 from 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- Complete the Individualized Growth Plan to establish goals and actions steps for this year and guide you in your work with your mentor.
- CSSI Standards - Read more about the Charter School Support Initiative .
- The Mentee Reflection Sheet should be used to track the hours you have fulfilled. Copies of this form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so credit can be assigned for your work.
Submit all requested documents and direct all questions pertaining to the AMC Induction Program to:
Kelly Rosensweet, Charter and Innovation School Support Coordinator, Schools of Choice Office at CDE
For billing quesitons, to make payments or submit invoices for mentoring hours:
If you have questions regarding the CSSP Grant please contact:
Gina Schlieman, Manager, Schools of Choice Office at CDE