In addition to fulfilling a technical assistance requirement for our Colorado Charter School Program grant recipient schools, the Administrator Mentoring Cohort (AMC) is an induction program for charter school administrators. Charter school leaders who successfully complete the AMC induction program will be recommended for professional principal's licensure. This accreditation will enable the AMC to serve three purposes:
- To provide charter leaders in start-up schools with quality support as they get their schools off the ground.
- For CCSP grant recipients-the AMC fulfills leadership mentoring Technical Assistance requirements of the grant.
- To offer charter school leaders a 2 year induction program to validate their initial principal license in a way that is specifically designed to meet the unique needs and demands of the charter sector.
Note: In order to be eligible for this induction program, school leaders must already hold their initial principal license and be working with an AMC affiliated mentor.
The AMC structure is broken into 4 cohorts and each cohort has a required number of mentoring hours that must be met in addition to attending at least 4 of the 6 AMC training days scheduled throughout the school year. View the breakdown of the AMC structure and related program fees. The requirements for successful completion of the AMC program, including induction are outlined in the Mentee Agreement.
Please note that charter leaders do not need to be in the Colorado Charter School Program (CCSP) grant program or pursuing induction to be eligible to participate in the AMC Induction Program. All are welcome!
Upcoming AMC Training Dates
Event dates and registration information can always be found on our Charter School Events page. This information is updated regularly as event locations are determined.
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 from 8am-4:30pm
Aspen View Academy
2131 Low Meadow Blvd, Castle Rock, CO 80109
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 from 8am-4:30pm
Stargate Charter School
3951 Cottonwood Lakes Blvd., Thornton, CO 80241
Tuesday, January 13th, 2014 from 8am-4:30pm
4441 Salvia St., Golden Colorado 80403
Tuesday, February 10th, 2014 from 8am-4:30pm
Prospect Ridge Academy-High School
2555 Preble Creek Parkway, Broomfield, CO 80023
Tuesday, April 14th from 8am-4:30pm
2409 Arapahoe St., Denver, CO 80205
Tuesday, June 2th from 8am-4:30pm (Please note the date change. This training was originally scheduled for June 9th.
- Complete the Individualized Growth Plan to establish goals and actions steps for this year and guide you in your work with your mentor.
- CSSI Standards - Read more about the Charter School Support Initiative .
- The Mentee Reflection Sheet should be used to track the hours you have fulfilled. Copies of this form should be sent to email@example.com so credit can be assigned for your work.
Submit all requested documents and direct all questions pertaining to the AMC Induction Program to:
Kelly Rosensweet, Charter School Support Coordinator, Schools of Choice Office at CDE
For billing quesitons, to make payments or submit invoices for mentoring hours:
Terry Croy Lewis, Vice President of School Quality and Support, Colorado League of Charter Schools
If you have questions regarding the CSSP Grant please contact:
Gina Schlieman, Charter School Program and Grant Manager, Schools of Choice Office at CDE